We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Friday, September 22, 2006
Some Good News
Well, after all that lamenting, I talked again to Natalia, Amy, and some of our new online 'fellow-adoptive parent' friends, and the common consensus was that amending our home study wouldn't push us backward. So we made the decision to go on and let Amy amend it for us! Hooray!

So...I now have the amendment in hand...and hopefully soon, we will have our paperwork from the CIS that allows us to adopt more than one child, should that be what is in God's plan!

Funny story, I was just writing the above sentence, and I got stuck on the noun form of the verb "to amend"... I didn't want to say that I had a copy of the "amended home study"...so I kept thinking, what do you call that, an amendsion, or amendation, or what?? I couldn't even think of where to look in the dictionary to find it! (this is one of my first experiences like this and I can't say I was very comfortable with it!!) So...I asked one of my co-workers, and she said....oh..."amendment" perhaps?

Yes, now I feel quite dumb (and probably even dumber now that I've shared it with y'all!) ...if I were pregnant, I could blame it on 'pregnancy brain'...reckon instead, I could blame it on "adoption brain"??? HAHA!!

I just edited this post to update my spelling of "amend" (as both a word AND a root word)...funny, there is only one "M" in that word, not TWO!!!

I think I need to go home & lay down...... ;)
6 Comments:
Blogger sandy said...
Good work! Now you have the option to adopt more than one if you have the opportunity! Good luck!

Blogger ~Telah said...
Melissa~
I've been reading your blog for the last couple of weeks! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. It is such an eye-opener and I look forward to all your upcoming posts.
~Telah (from Grant)

Blogger Carolina Mama said...
Too cute and I think you are right on track about that! We like it! Glad you got approval for TWO!!!!!!!!!!! We like 2s! :)

Blogger Suz said...
Oh I have lots of moments like that now! Adoption brain quickly turns into Mommy brain which is 100 times worse!

Blogger Suz said...
You're invited to be a part of the new "Blog-Pals connection" Come visit my blog for the explanation of what Blog-Pals is all about!

Blogger Suz said...
I'm so glad the process to change your INS stuff isn't going to be too indepth and now you can be more open to whatever child/ren come to you!