We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
So We're Adopting From Russia, Huh?
As I lay in bed last night, trying to fall asleep...but not being so tired...I began thinking about the day we will go to Russia to meet our child. Mind you, we still have no date, and are still waiting on papers to arrive in our mailbox so we can even send our papers to Russia! But I kept thinking of that day...and then of the weeks to follow, when we come home and are able to share pictures with our family, and then finally, when we go back to bring our baby home!

The thing is, I can imagine it...but I imagine it much like I replay a movie scene in my head. It's like it is someone else's reality, but I can't imagine that it will actually be OUR reality one day! In fact, it really just seems like a story that we tell over & over..."we're adopting from Russia" but the reality of it all just hasn't hit! Perhaps, too, I have a hard time seeing beyond being in-country and actually being parents. I try to get excited about it, and I do get excited, but it's in a weird way that I can't explain. I think we have wanted parenthood for so long, but this all just seems like a dream!

Oh well...I'm just rambling on... I guess I oughta stop for now, so I get get to work. Still wondering what it will be like...and I guess we won't know till we're there!
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I've been there! It seems like we get so caught up in the checklists and documents and traveling internationally and all the other things that biological parents don't deal with that we forget that once we've successfully navigated this long and involved process, it's really just the beginning. And at the point that you think you can sit back and say "whew!", you've got a child to raise!! Yikes! I guess it sinks in over time - especially as you start buying baby stuff!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Well, it's kind of like when I would go stand by the baby crib (which we still have, by the way)and pick up the little sleeper (still have that too :o) and turn on the Winnie-the-Pooh mobile (yep, have that too :o) and watch the characters spin around & listen to the little W-t-P song as it played & just imagine a precious little baby wearing the little sleeper & laying it in the crib to sleep one day...and then it all became real (which just seems like it was yesterday)...the thing was she didn't want to just lay in the crib, she wanted to see what her world was all about, so we showed her and then she grew up and now she is imagining what it will all be like and will soon get to show their child what their world is all about...very soon, is our prayer!
love you Missa & Nathan