We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Monday, October 30, 2006
Introducing...................

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The proud new recipients of an I-171H, now known as an I-797!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


(and yes, mom, it's got all personal info edited out! :)

Hallelujah! And for whatever reason, the CIS only approved us for one child, but you know what, I think I am okay with that. I know they say that you should always try to be approved for one more than what you truly intend to bring home...and as I said in another post, we really would only be open to sibling groups if it was a twin group. But most of all...after reading up on other bloggers' experiences, I think that we would really only be able to handle (and afford) bringing one baby home at one time. Also, you can give undivided attention to only one baby...and I think that maybe God knows that I need to be able to focus only on one. I don't know for sure...and I pray that this will not hurt our 'chances' at a referral. (you who are farther along - and more experienced - in the adoption process can probably shed some light here)

But glory to God, our current round of document gathering is complete! One trip to Montgomery tomorrow, and then this stack of papers goes into the hands of Fed Ex and off to Tennessee!!
8 Comments:
Blogger Deb said...
Great news. Very happy for you 2.

Blogger Carolina Mama said...
Congratulations! And you have it right, God's hand is in the answers and now you know. You're so moving along!

Blogger Elle said...
Congrats. The form looks much more offical than it previously did.

I have to say we were open to 2 also, but really only wanted 1. Being home with just one I don't know that I could have handled 2 at once. I admire those who do. God knows what He is doing.

Can't wait to hear what region.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Congratulations!!!! I am so happy to hear that your I-171H finally arrived and I can not wait to keep up with the rest of your journey. My thought on this whole ATL delay (mine was just sent to them in mid Sept) is that according to God's plan the timing was just not right, for our child was not ready for us. As for you only getting the one child approved, enjoy your first child, you can always adopt another! God will not let you down.

Blogger Betsy said...
Congrats!

Blogger Melissa said...
that is so great. Ours took so long to get, I thought about laminating, bronzing, and framing it. lol. Congrats!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
congrats! You are so right about current round!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Yeah! So happy for you...that one piece of paper does so much to brighten the day.