We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Monday, November 13, 2006
November...Happy National Adoption Month!!!
Hi there! Happy National Adoption Month to you! I'm sorry I am almost a half-month late!! I wanted to let y'all know about something that I'm doing. Many of you know that I make jewelry...and all of the proceeds from what I sell go toward our Adoption Fund. But beginning this month, I have created a very special bracelet to commemorate and celebrate adoption... And I wanted to share pictures of my newest creations with you.

This bracelet is called "The Colors of Adoption" and is made with Genuine Swarovski crystals and .925 Sterling Silver:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(click on the pictures to see more detail)

And here is another view under different lighting:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've also designed 2 other bracelets that are more country-specific. I create the country-specific bracelets with the colors of the country's national flag. The first country-specific bracelet is my "Colors of Russian Adoption" bracelet. Here are a couple views of this bracelet:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


(For a domestic adoption from the U.S., a bracelet in this category would be similar, since both the Russian & U.S. flags have red, white, and blue colors)

And my "Colors of Chinese Adoption" bracelet:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also create custom pieces (such as the birthstone color birth/gotcha/adoption days and/or personalize with names or other words) as well, for people who like things a little different.

Anyway, I just wanted to share these pictures & ideas with you...if you want to learn more about these bracelets or other things I've made, you can visit my website: http://www.princessandthebee.com/adoption.html And again...Happy National Adoption Month!!!

2 Comments:
Blogger Deb said...
Melissa those are gorgeous. Now I know what I want for Christmas.

Blogger Nathan said...
WOW!! That's beautiful!