We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Thursday, January 04, 2007
In Need of Comfort Food
This is awful, but I started Weight Watchers (again, this time determined to make something of it!) on Tuesday, and as of last night, I was already ready to indulge in some comfort food.

Suffice it to say that yesterday was a stressful day!

First, my car has been giving us FITS. Since Halloween, the transmission light has come on 3 times -- when driving for long periods of time at high speeds, it tries to slip out of gear(remember this post? I never updated on our transmission issues). Well, the first time we took it to the transmission shop, the warning light literally went off as I was driving it over there. They couldn't find anything wrong with it, so they just serviced it.

The second time the light came on, we were coming home from Thanksgiving and the warning light came on. We wondered if we would even make it home, the car was acting so badly. The minute we pulled in the garage at home, the warning light went back off again. And then the car behaved like a jewel - no sense in taking it to the shop; they wouldn't be able to find anything wrong with it!

Well, the third time was late last week, right after Christmas. N actually drove the car to work on Friday and it messed up on him as he was coming home. Usually, if the light is on, the car has been fairly drivable around town, but Saturday, we started out for Target & the Mall and the car began to really act up. It kept trying to die on us.

So we let it sit for the rest of the weekend and on Tuesday morning, it acted funny all the way to the transmission shop. Imagine my surprise when I called them later that afternoon, and they had found NOTHING wrong with it!!! They kept it till yesterday afternoon, driving it around for hours at a time and NOTHING HAPPENED. So I picked it up (thanks to all who have been chauffering me around for the past several days!) and they didn't charge me a dime. I ended up going back & giving them a little money for the gas they put in it.

I was really appreciative that they had not charged me -- I guess it's back to sitting on pins & needles & dreading our next long distance trip. Maybe one day, we'll find out something for sure about it. Don't get me wrong, I don't WANT anything to be wrong! But I do want my car to be reliable!

So that's the situation with the car...

And work was pretty busy yesterday, which didn't really stress me out too badly, but I sure could've used a nap in the middle of the day!!

And then I got home. I am not going to go into detail about what I found when I got there. But Heathcliff (our german shepherd) met me at the door. That should be impossible, since we lock him in a crate every day when we leave for work. However, if his tummy is hurting, he literally breaks out of his crate. I'll leave it at that, but I did not have a fun time when I got home yesterday evening.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Alright... so, I have that out. I will tell you that I felt the need for a gallon of chocolate caramel brownie ice cream last night! But I did not indulge myself, and for that reason, I can say yesterday did have one bright spot! :)

Anyway - in adoption happenings, there is nothing happening. I can't remember if I mentioned that our agency offices in Russia are closed till the middle of next week. And I think the gov't offices should begin waking up and moving again by the end-ish of January. So for quite some time, there will likely be no news to report.

But in a conversation with a co-worker yesterday, she said something that really hit home with me. She said that her nightly devotional the night before was on the topic of worry. She said that one phrase in the devotional really stuck out to her, and that was that "Worrying is disrespectful to God." If we worry, then we are being disrespectful, because we are not putting our full trust in Him! So I think that will be a little key phrase that I will continue to carry with me through the remainder of this adoption process...and life! :)

Alright, I need to get to work...it's a fresh day, full of possibilities! Hope it's a good one for everyone!
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Your car sounds like my car. It never feels right to me but there's really nothing wrong with it! Machines can be so picky sometimes. I hope it keeps working good for you.

I don't remember are you with an agency that already has accreditation or still waiting? Hope things start moving fast for you soon.

Blogger jessy said...
You know, you can have a whole 1/2 cup of Blue Bunny Fat free yogurt (trust me, it is better than it sounds) for only two points. I eat mine with a baby spoon for more bites. Keep at the WW thing, it really does work! I've lost 17 pounds. Congrats on your decision for a healthier you.