We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Monday, January 01, 2007
Happy New Year!!!

This picture is of us at the stroke of midnight last night!

I hope this post finds you all doing well...having stayed up till midnight last night, and today having eaten your black eyed peas and greens.

We strayed a little bit from the "normal" New Year's Day cuisine today, when we ate schnitzel for dinner. Schnitzel, you ask? Yes. Nathan hasn't had any since we came home from Germany, and it has been a little void left in him. So I found a recipe that seemed reasonably easy and tasty, and decided to give him a special treat!

He said it was delicious. In fact, I think he told me to say that it was "heavenly"...Me? I'm not a huge schnitzel fan, but if I must say so myself, it was pretty good! Nathan said it was the best meal he had all year....but I'm not sure about that, since he's still got 364 days of meals left in the year!! :)

Accompanying said schnitzel were the traditional greens & black eyed peas. I DID eat greens......but if we are going to become rich this year, it will be pretty much up to Nathan, because he ate most of them. I ate a bite, to say that I had! :) But I should be good with the luck this year, because I sure did think the peas were yummy!

So with that...I'm going to spend the last evening of my vacation with my husband. Happy New Year, all!!!!!! :)
2 Comments:
Blogger Suz said...
All the luck and money are weighing on my shoulders because I'm the only one who ate both. D ate some peas, though, so maybe she can help out in the luck department :o) Hubby ate none. What a responsibility I bear.

Blogger Nathan said...
That meal took me straight back to Germany...Melissa must have German somewhere in her family tree.