About 3:30 this morning, I was dreaming pretty hard...and slowly came out of my dream to the sound of tornado sirens! As if that weren't bad enough, we tried turning on the TV and the satellite was out! I turned the radio on, and all I could find out was that we were under a tornado
watch...which was strange, considering that the sirens were going off. Anyway, it stormed for a few minutes & then subsided.
But the satellite was out! That thing has made it through 2 hurricane seasons and many other storms without going out! That is just strange.
But the sound of tornado sirens is somewhat paralyzing to me - especially if I'm not really expecting to wake up that way!
=======================================
Before I go - I had a question about our agency's accreditation. This is the way I understand it - our agency has been an accredited agency in Russia for several years (I guess for as long as accreditation has been required?). They were in the process of reaccreditation (in the Spring/Summer of last year) when things changed and the non-expiring accreditation was introduced. All that paperwork was taken care of, and our agency was expecting accreditation by November or December. Then there were governmental changes (again) and now we continue to wait. I may have a few of those details muddy - but I'm pretty sure that's the gist of it.
Basically, families who were registered in their region by May 2006 are continuing to be processed (as long as their region will recognize the 'old' accreditation). For those of us who were registered after that time...well, we're having to wait.
So that's a long answer to a short question. Hope it clarifies things a bit!! :)
Khabarovsk was different. Didn't matter when you were registered or if you had been on trip one or if you had a referral. No accreditation. Agency couldn't work. And no independents. It sucked.