We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Thursday, September 24, 2009
A Veggie Tale

A couple weekends ago, we made the trek northward to visit family. It was the weekend that I was to take my brother & future sister-in-law's engagement pictures (click here to see), so we made a weekend out of the trip and, as usual when visiting family, we had a marvelously fun time!

On Saturday morning, we visited Nathan's grandmother for a little while, and she sent us home with a bunch of goodies. Every year, she cans things from her garden. Pickled okra, dill pickles, green beans (my favorite!), salsa, vegetable soup (Nathan's favorite - also known as Mawmaw Soup around our house), applesauce, and lots of fruit jams and preserves. And she is not stingy with the fruits of her labor. Just this visit alone,






She sent

lots of


home grown & canned

vegetable


and fruit


goodness.


We will be eating like kings for a very good while!


3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'm jealous :) In a healthy way of course!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Whoops! couldn't remember my password -
Sis

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I also got in on the canning and on the recieving end too. I love going to Mawmaw's house and Nathan's Aunt Nancy's house too. While I was there this past summer we pickled peaches, that your Father-n-law, Don brought us and snapped lots of beans and my favorite of course is the corn we cut off the cob. I too got to reap some of the harvest and I love them for sharing with us. Wish I could be there with them to do Pecan's again this year. We had a blast last year doing pecan's. Got to love the family like you said. Eating fresh yard eggs, tomatoes, and biscuits is right up my ally. Love my extended family very much. Wish I had someone close to here, from up there,in November or December to get the Oranges and grapefruits we have to share.

Carolyn Nelson
Central Florida