We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Friday, August 07, 2009
Out of House and Home
First...do you want to see some updated pictures of our house? I finally got all the boxes (with the exception of about 5 or 6) unpacked. Everything has a home (hallelujah!) and soon, my task will be actually organizing all of our closets with precision. Right now, I know where things are - in the closets - but they aren't pretty, by any means. So if you come to my house and look in my closets, just know that I know how they look. If I had the money, I would look into the C@lifornia Closets. Alas, I don't. I still need some furniture and some wall hangings, but once I find the money to buy fancy closet organizers, I might look into all those extra furnishings. Probably won't happen in the near future, but I've determined...it's not the furnishings that make a home - it is the people and the atmosphere.

But I digress... Where was I...?

Oh yes! Pictures of the house. You might want to remember the before pictures so you can see what a big change we've undergone around here. Of course, I appreciate all your comments and thoughts about my issue with the shelves in the living room...and I think something will be done there in the future, but for now, I couldn't bring myself to paint them. Or pull them out. So we decided to live with them for a while with things on them, and see how we felt about them after some time went by. And leaving them the way they were helped the room to stay warm...at least, in my opinion!





I will tell you that I didn't photograph a few of the rooms, because they were a little too messy. I may be unpacked, but it doesn't stop the little tornado, known as Iliya, from whirling through like the Tazmanian devil. Once his room and his little playroom are little more straight, I'll post pictures of them,too. In the meantime, here are a few other pics...








And this child...is about to eat us out of that above pictured house and home!



I need to hang up his growth ruler...chart...whatever it is. Because the child is eating nonstop, but not in a "bad" sort of way - he eats lots of fruits & vegetables. He just stays hungry. I guess I'd better measure him really quickly, because I can sense a growth spurt in the near future!

And lately, his big thing is to take his lunch to school. He loves having control over what he's going to eat on any given day...so the lunchbox my mom bought him last year is finally getting some good use!





Such a big boy. I just hope we can continue to pay the power bill, with all this eating he's been doing! I imagine that, has he grows, the eating won't get any better. So C@lifornia Closets & new furnishings...to those dreams I say goodbye, as I happily say hello to a healthy and growing little...um, I mean...big boy.
5 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
How sweet! Sarah & I were talking about these pictures & it just doesn't seem like he should be such a big boy already. Time has passed too quickly! I'm glad he's enjoying taking his lunch.

Looks like you have come along way in getting your boxes unpacked and your home set up since we were last there. It all looks so nice!

love & hugs,
granmom & grandad

Blogger Unknown said...
The house looks great!! Can't wait to see it and all of you!

Blogger Christen L said...
love, love, love those off to school shots! :) Your house looks so welcoming and tidy!

Iilya has a face that has always instantly warmed my heart and made me smile. He is getting SO big though I wanna cry. Look at him with his lunch box and school bag! OM goodness. I've been checking back frequently to see the room pic and couldn't love it more. You have such a beautiful, homey, stylish, way of decorating. I love it! I definitely think the asthetic arts in general are your specialty. Not fair that one person get so much talent!

Blogger Chris said...
I've gotten way behind on my blog reading, and it has been a while since I've stopped by. I can't believe how much Iliya has grown and changed! Amazing. I'm glad to see you all doing so well.