We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Thursday, April 02, 2009
Video Goodness
So here's a video for you. Are you shocked? I am!

I finally decided that it was time for you to get another glimpse into our evenings. In this video, Iliya is really showing out for the camera - he is typically not quite this wild...and the "boy" goofiness is usually spread out over an evening (as opposed to being concentrated into 10 minutes of camera time). I think you'll see what I mean.  Oh - and I should say that I had considered subtitles to make sure you get everything he says...but I'm fairly certain you'll get most of it - if not by outright understanding, then through context.  And there is one part where he keeps talking about something hurting...hang with the video and you'll finally get it.  

I'm almost afraid to post this, to give you such a close look behind closed doors...but I guess I have no shame, anymore.  And because Iliya really makes us laugh, I thought it would be nice to share this with you with the hope this will brighten your day & weekend, too. If no one else finds it fun, at least our families will!

My mad editing skills are not at work, as you can see...but I figure it's better to give you a fairly raw video, as opposed to just thinking about giving you one that is nicely edited and pretty. Right?

And the people said, "yes!........get on with it!"

So here you go. Enjoy!


10 Comments:
Blogger Elle said...
Very cute. So the question is... did you shave your legs this morning?

Blogger Melissa said...
You bet I did! I can't have people all over the world watching this and wondering...so I'm glad you clarified! :)

Blogger Robin said...
That is great!! Iliya had not only me but also Amanda cracking up. Amanda wants to keep watching the video over and over. She is defenitly an Iliya fan!

Blogger Unknown said...
Well, the whole booger thing completely cracked Slugger up.

Hahaha! Iliya is too cute. It's so funny to me how he and Owen seem to notice things or talk about them around the same time. Owen just told me this week "Mommy's legs are prickly like a cactus!" and refused to sit in my lap (when I had shorts on) even after I proved to him that I had shaved and they were soft! The booger song made me and Jim laugh out loud. I'll have to let Owen see this b/c he will love watching Iliya :)

Blogger Pink said...
This is just to cute! It had me laughing out loud!!!

Blogger Susan said...
That is too funny! Artem feeds Bella too and I love how Gracie was patiently waiting while licking her lips!

The booger thing, boys will be boys!

Blogger kate said...
You looked pretty smooth to me...

I love how patient Gracie is...and the constant sunshine that fills your house.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Okay, That was well worth my 9 minutes!! Your child cracks me up!!! He was so funny about your legs and his booger! Have a Happy EAster!! Shana

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Dog food $12.00
Ball $2.00
Patient dog, with slow
child Feeding him $3.00.

CHILD NOTICING HAIRY LEGS Priceless