We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Cautiously Optimistic
Did you have a good Easter? I hope so! I'll tell you about ours soon...I have to sort through pictures to share.

In the meantime, I have to tell you that Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were excellent potty training days (which surprises me immensely, since we were traveling and so busy)! Iliya stayed dry (with the exception of one wet diaper overnight) the entire weekend. And get this...he pooped in the potty 3 times!!

I have no idea where this will lead us...but I'm cautiously optimistic that we're getting closer to an actual potty trained little boy!

As an aside, we've invested in several pair of "cute" underwear - Elmo, Dinosaurs, Spiderman. And do you know what Iliya prefers? Plain, run of the mill underwear. Do you know why? Because daddy doesn't have Elmo, Dinosaurs, or Spiderman on his underwear. Or at least that's what we've been told! :)
7 Comments:
Blogger kate said...
You could always draw a little Elmo on Daddy's so that I. will wear his...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
We had a great Easter!! I will send you some pics soon. Love the new layout. I swear one day I am going to have a blog!!! Shana

Blogger Carey and Norman said...
Way to go, Iliya! Love that he wants undies like his daddy!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
TOOO CUUUTE!! I love it! Yes, I'm actually looking forward to the "cute" underwear, mainly for the cuteness. :) Huge thumbs up for, Iliya!! I'm proud of the little man!

~Cindi Landers

Congrats on Iliya's potty training successes! That's great that he did well while you traveled, too. That's so funny that he prefers the white ones to the characters...go figure! :)

Anonymous annmarie said...
I am so jealous...my child gave me a speech yesterday about how he prefers his diaper. "Mommy. Listen to me..."

That settles it, you'll just have to get some decals to iron onto Nathan's shorts! ;)