We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
An Update on Our Life
So I told you that I would be trying to write more regularly. So how's all the activity as of late for regular??

I guess it's time that I let you in on a little secret. Or really, it's not such a secret, but it's a pretty big change around these parts.

We're moving.

And not just moving houses, but we're moving to another city in the (not really that) big state of Alabama. And it's really not that far from where we currently live...

But a move is a move...and change is change. Neither of which are super easy.

So here's the short version of the scoop... Nathan is looking at transferring to our new city within his agency, and I sent my resume out a few places. I actually received a job offer, and am starting my new job in October. Hopefully it won't be too long before Nathan's transfer goes through. Our house is now on the market, and I've found Iliya a new school in the new city.

I'm really excited, but feeling a tad melancholy at the same time. Tuscaloosa is a place of many milestones for us - where we met, lived when we first married, received our college degrees, had our first real, lasting jobs out of college, bought our first house, brought Iliya home & became parents.

On one hand, the future is wide open before us and exciting. And on the other hand, it's hard to leave a city and people that have been there for us since the beginning of our relationship. Of course, I'm talking like we are moving halfway across the world and will never come back.

The reality is that we will be 2 hours away...and we've got family and friends that will be a sort of tether for us. We'll stay connected and we also have many people praying for us...and those two things help me feel less anxious about this transition.

I'm not wild about change - it takes me a while to become acclimated to a big change like the one we will be undergoing in the next few months. And even more that I am not wild about change, I worry about Iliya and the effect this transition will have on him. But despite my anxiety, I have a peace that this will be a good thing for all of us - I feel like we are being taken care of and really have nothing to worry about.

So I do ask that you keep us in your prayers...and pray that our house will sell quickly. We have the best of the best in realtors - and a great house in an excellent location. I just hope that someone will walk in it and fall as in love with it as I've been for the past several years. So if you're moving to the Tuscaloosa area - or know someone who is, we've got the perfect house for you!! :)

Anyway - that's the update for now. Next post... pictures!!
7 Comments:
Blogger Cori said...
Good luck with the move! It's definitely more "challenging" when children are involved, huh?

Are you moving North or further South?

Blogger Nancy said...
Best wishes with your upcoming move!

Blogger Lindsay said...
All the best with the new job and the move. Fingers crossed it will all go as smoothly as you wish it to.

Blogger Joy said...
Moving does bring quite a bit of anxiety. We have moved 3 times within our own town and I have always had a hard time driving past my old houses. Good luck with the move. One thing that I can say that has been a positive thing for me when I have moved is that I usually unload stuff that I would not have gotten rid of if I was not moving.

I also used the PODS system for the last move and by far this was the best thing that I have ever did during a move.
Joy

Blogger Becky and Keith said...
YAY! Congrats on your move!

Blogger Over-Caffeinated said...
Okay, I want to know if you are moving CLOSER to the Tennessee line or FURTHER from the Tennessee line? Just trying to figure out how far you or I will have to drive for my photos! :)

Ondrea

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
Moving is so much fun (not).

After our last move, we decided that if we ever move again that we were going to throw everything away and start fresh.

Best wishes ... new home, new job, wow ... lots of changes but it all sounds really good.