I think I mentioned this "DooDooDeeDee" character in a semi-recent post. We thought that it might be an imaginary friend, but I don't know that it is. It could be...because there is no telling what is going on in the mind of that child of mine!...but I think it's just a silly word play that Iliya has come up with. He might call someTHING "doodoodeedee"...or he might call someONE "doodoodeedee." For instance, someone might say "hello" to us as we are walking down the hallway...and even though Iliya knows the name of the person we pass, he still might say, "Hello, doodoodeedee!"
It's funny - to me - that kids just pick up on other kids' funny words like they are real. Last week, one of Iliya's teachers heard him say "doodoodeedee" for the first time and didn't understand what he had said. So she asked him what he had said and one of his little girl- friends piped up and said (in an
I can't believe you didn't understand him tone of voice), "Ummm...he
saaaaaid 'DOODOO
DEEDEE.' "
But the problem comes when he shortens it to just plain ole "DooDoo."
As far as I know, he doesn't correlate the word "doodoo" to anything having to do with the excretory system. He just randomly said it one night, recently, and Nathan (of course!) laughed.
And if daddy laughs, it must be worth repeating.
Right?
Anyway, so now, we have a host of silly things to say:
doodoodeedee
doodoo
mamadoo
daddydoodoo
(insert your name here)doodoo
Hey doodoo!
(if you ask him what his/your/my/nathan's/anyone's name is, he probably will say, "doodoo.")
Despite his lack of understanding what this word could mean to other people, I have to wonder,
do boys just come programmed to say this kind of stuff??And I also have to say, if my child calls you "doodoo" - please don't take offense. Just smile and nod and try not to laugh. To do so would only encourage him. But if you do slip up and laugh, we won't hold it against you...because, hey, he's two. Who needs encouragement??
~Cindi L.
HUGS