We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Guess who we are...
We are no longer "mama" and "dada." As of today, we have made the transition to "mommy" and "daddy.". Iliya just randomly changed the ending on us and it's so weird to hear. And I don't even want to think of what comes next!

In other news, we saw one of these (okay, it's a wolf spider) today outside of our building at work. Complete with hundreds of babies. Gave me the willies, and the thought of it still does. But it was so cool - I'd never seen this before!!
9 Comments:
Blogger Suzanne said...
EWWWwwwww - I clicked the link. You really should have warned us.

Blogger Becky and Keith said...
We're becoming "mommy and daddy" too thanks to the kiddos at daycare. I'm okay with it because Mama/mommy is relatively close. Keith, on the other hand, is having a harder time with not being Papa anymore. I think he liked being different from the rest of the daddies! And eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww is right! That thing is GROSS.

Blogger Joy said...
I just HATE Spiders!
Joy

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Ohhhhh Catch It!!!! We're reading Charlotte's Web next week!!!
~Sarah

Blogger Unknown said...
CATCH IT???!!! Sarah ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? That thing will be in my nightmares tonight, I'm sure of it. BLAH!!!!!! I don't think that "willies" accurately describes my response - YIKES!

That is so cute. He is growing up.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Sarah...shall we round you up a cute little pig too? Maybe one named Wilbur??? I can only imagine the fun Iliya would have with his very own pet pig...hmmmm....that's what grandparents are for, right??? :o)

Blogger Grammy of five said...
We had one of those in our garage several years ago - and we went to kill it and those babies scattered everywhere - I didn't know what kind it was - but I'm careful now when I see a big one like that not to disturb it! And I loved Iliya's response to the French Fries - please and thank you, macaroni and cheese.
love sis

Blogger Christen L said...
Wow! and WOW!

That's a big day ... what a change!!?! It's like going from baby to little boy. Aww.

And thanks a lot for the nightmares.... :p