Alright, you college football fans...it's time to pull out your favorite jerseys and head off to your favorite tailgating spot.
As for me, I've gone "old southern rivalry" and decided to tailgate right here on my blog! :)
Seriously, for those of you who don't "get" college football rivalries - especially those of the southern variety - just hang tight for a couple of months & this will be overwith before you know it. :)
In all honesty, I knew it was time to change my header because...well...the beach header was getting old. We've no chance of another beach trip till next year, and anyway, I am excited to be leaving summer heat behind. So it was time to throw out the old & bring in the new. I've been listening to Christmas music lately (crazy) and it was either create a festive, Christmas header...or go with a college football theme.
Since Christmas will come in its own time...and I enjoy Alabama football...I figured I'd go with the latter.
The thing is, just rooting for my & Nathan's alma mater on my blog (the header, no less) could incite a reaction in people that would be similar to advertising my political values all over the internet. (don't believe me, oh ye who don't "get" college rivalries? just take my word for it). I don't understand rabidness in football fans. Do I root for my team? Absolutely! Am I obnoxious to those who don't root for my team? Never! (okay, maybe they find me obnoxious at times, but I'm never purposefully rude or mean) I enjoy friendly ribbing, but nothing much more serious.
So all that to say...well, I really don't know what I said all that to say. Just had to have something to ramble about.
So I hope you enjoy my new (Roll Tide!!) theme. :)
Blessings,
Pam Parker
Give 'em H<*>ll, Alabama!
GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I get the rivalry thing between schools, that's FOR SURE!) ORANGE AND BLUE!
Tharen
(an occasional visitor to your enjoyably written blog)
So excited to hear of your job offer and the possible move. Looking forward to hearing more on that soon.
Enjoyed the new photos of Iliya and yes, they do grow up overnight at times. It is like things remain the same for awhile and then all of a sudden they've grown an inch, learned a second language, and are doing multiplication overnight :o) Okay, maybe not so drastic.
Glad you are doing well.