We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Scene: the hospital (Wednesday, my dad had a heart catheterization - we got good news from it but because his surgeon had gone straight into a couple more surgeries, dad wasn't discharged to leave as soon as we had hoped. We were all trying to wait to eat...because dad really wanted some pasta from one of his favorite restaurants. As timed passed, we all got hungrier and hungrier. The nurse finally brought a boxed lunch - my dad shared his sandwich with Iliya - and a few minutes later, a hot lunch was served. Along with the hot lunch was a little carton of ice cream)

Melissa: Iliya, you need to eat the rest of this piece of sandwich, you'll be hungry if you don't.

Grandmom (my mom): Melissa, do you think he could have some I-C-E-...

Iliya: (interrupting) I want some I-C-E! I want some I-C-E!


2 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
I actually laughed out loud!! That's awesome!

That is pretty bad when you can't even get mileage out of the spelling thing at his age! Darn it!