We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Another Iliya-ism
So I figure if I don't have time to write long posts, I'll at least try for short clips of life as I have time... So here's another clip of life from our little spot in the world:

Scene: Chili's restaurant, eating with Nathan's family. Iliya has chicken fingers and corn on the cob. Cousin Natalie has macaroni & cheese and french fries. Iliya wants some of Nathan's french fries, but we notice that Natalie has a so many she probably won't eat them all.

Melissa: Hey, Nat, do you mind if Iliya has a couple of your fries?

Natalie: Sure. (hands me the basket & I take out a few and give them to Iliya).

Melissa: Iliya, what do you say to Natalie? (my intention was to prompt a "thank you.")

Iliya: (surveying Natalie's plate) Macaroni & Cheese, please!
7 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
At least he said please!

April

Blogger Robin said...
Yeah like April said, atleast he said please. Any ways that is too cute.

Blogger Jane said...
he DID say please! Jack and I both got a laugh from your little man. Thank you for sharing, even the short stories are very enjoyable!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
LOL!!! Too cute!!! ~Cindi L

Blogger Carey and Norman said...
My parents are always telling me to write things down. At least your blog gives you a means to "write stuff down." Very sweet!

Blogger Pink said...
how very cute! And I agree, atleast he said please...the big question is did he get the mac & cheese?

I have been reading your blog for sometime now and I love getting to know your family. Thank you for sharing. I have a blog of my own, if you are interested.

Blogger Chris said...
Too Funny!