I promise, I am getting beach pictures together, but I had to tell this one quick story.
Just a second ago, Iliya asked for a drink of water, so we went to the kitchen to fix said drink. I grabbed the first sippy cup that came to my hand, and Iliya started shaking his head, saying, "No. No BuBa, mama. No." I took a quick glance at the sippy cup and realized he was telling me he did not want the
purple cup. And then he proceeded to tell me he wanted the Lello cup. So I fixed his water in the yellow cup.
But after a few drinks, he decided he would rather have the green cup. Since it's my birthday, and I don't want a whiney child on my birthday, I poured the water from the yellow cup into the green one. I told him that if he changed his mind again, then he would be out of luck. Green it is, for the rest of the day!
Did I say that knowing the colors was a cool skill? Yeah, I still think so...but now I've come to realize that he is now cognizant of
differences in colors - and to a child, color is (sometimes) everything!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday Dear Melissa!
Happy Birthday to YOU!
And...the more he learns, the more control he will want. Covering YOU and Nate in prayer as you deal with this next stage.
Happy birthday.