This morning, I got to work and I reached in my
purse/diaperbag to fish out my cell phone. Guess what was in there? Nothing gross, but nothing that was good for my cell phone, either. One of
Iliya's
fridge farm magnets pieces. Sitting right up against my phone. I'm sure this is good for my cell phone, right? I should be thankful that it was not in the pocket with my wallet - hence my debit cards - but fortunately, my wallet was in the other pocket of said bag.
The child is obsessed with my purse. Not carrying it around or anything, but most definitely pulling things out of it and (obviously) putting things into it. If it gets quiet in the house, I can almost guarantee that he has scouted out my purse and is unloading my wallet - I've gotten much better about putting it up where he can't get it. But have I mentioned that he has begun climbing? So far, it's still pretty safe to put things up in the middle of our bed, because the bed is still too tall for him. Oh, except when he grabs a cardboard box or finds an unsuspecting
horse dog to use as a stepstool!
I hope I don't sound bitter - I'm actually quite proud of my boy for being so ingenious and for really moving forward with his development. It definitely makes parenting more of a challenge!
Speaking of challenges, I've only had the time to write short posts lately, but I've got a few ideas mulling around in my head - that will take a little more time than the usual update-sort-of-post. They're not quite "there" yet - but hopefully soon they will be.
In the meantime, I am going to get to work & look forward to this afternoon, when I get to pick my child up from daycare.
Sis
Missmeg from Storknet. I found your blog on an old adoption post. Congratulations on your son!!! I am so very happy for you. It would be wonderful if you decided to return to SN :-).
Sincerely, Meg