We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Selecting a Book...
So...
We finally got a card for the firewire port on our computer. This means that I could easily become a video-posting-fool. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep myself in check...but there are times that one just must share videos of their children! (remember, when you click "Play"...immediately click "Pause" and wait for the video to load completely. if you do not do this, you will only see choppy bits & pieces of the video. you will know it is loaded when the dark gray bar beside the "Play" button has finished loading.)
In trying to select a video to test out on my first go-around, I actually shot a really good one on Thursday. I went down to Iliya's classroom to observe for a little bit & I took my camera with me. He does not know that I am there (I'm filming through the 1-way glass).
Now, let me set the stage:
The lead teacher is absent from the classroom on this particular morning, so the assistant teacher & a sub are in the room with the kids. The asst. teacher is changing diapers/helping children potty...so she is otherwise occupied. The sub - I'm not sure what she was doing, because I was so intently watching Iliya. I assume she did not see him - because I'm sure she was focused on the other children.
Up until the beginning of the video, Iliya has been getting books - one at a time - out of the book shelf (the tiered kind) and taking them to the table to look at them. At the point when I begin taping, he has gotten a little distracted from his mission. He knows he should not be doing this, because -- notice, he keeps checking behind him to make sure no one is watching.
That is too funny! I love how, after the teacher comes over, he gets down and just grabs a book like he wasn't up to anything and walks over to the table! :-) What a little pistol!
to funny! loved the tiptoes and standing up on the ledge of the book shelf....he sure was trying! wait till he finds out that he could climb to the NEXT shelf and most likely reach it!
the looking over his shoulder was cute too...we could give him the benefit of the doubt and think that he was looking for someone to turn the music on for him.
I believe that was actually a dusty stereo cabinet -- Aunt Sissy could confirm that...which was dangerous in itself, that he could have damaged it, not to mention damage himself if he'd gotten hold of the arrows :o) Like I've said before, I believe you may be paying for your brother's raising. Or your own -- remember the tricycle incident when you rode your tricycle across the road when you were 2 & weren't supposed to cross the road without us & then wondered how I found you -- when it was parked right behind the neighbor's car -- you gave yourself away on that one. In this video, Iliya has the sly tactics of "who, me? I was just looking at these books" :o) Another memorable incident was when Christopher "drove" the van at a/b age 4 at Mamaw's --- I learned my lesson to not leave the car running when I go inside anywhere -- we were picking up Mamaw & Sarah was asleep, so I left Christopher in the car with her while I went into the house for just a second & when I came out the van was at the back of the field, just at the edge of the creek (yikes!) -- luckily, he only shifted it into gear & didn't press the gas. He was buckled in his seat in the back looking, like "who me -- I didn't do anything"...needless to say I think it really scared him & I know it did me! We know Johnathan had his moments -- but Christopher did too -- maybe just not as many.
BTW -- you can send us as many videos as you want to -- we'll look forward to seeing all of whatever of his days you want to share...love you all, mom
Too cute! He is very smart. Looking to see if anyone is watching and also so curious to figure out this new object he has discovered. Thanks for sharing the video!
I left a comment on here the other night and apparently it didn't 'take'. Anywho, Iliya is still the cutest little man to ever wear a diaper. I love his mischeviousness! He isn't gonna be the type to let fun pass him by. You are such a lucky mama.
"When I was very young, most of my childhood heroes wore capes, flew through the air,
or picked up buildings with one arm. They were spectacular and got a lot of attention.
But as I grew, my heroes changed, so that now I can honestly say that anyone who does
anything to help a child is a hero to me."
~Fred Rogers
"I'll love you forever I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living My baby you'll be."
~Robert Munsch
"Beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but its the middle that counts the most. Try to remember that when you find yourself at a new beginning"
~Hope Floats
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle"
~Fleur Conkling Heylinger
"The real issue in life is not how many blessings we have, but what we do with our blessings. Some people have many blessings and hoard them. Some have few and give everything away."
~Fred Rogers
Blessings,
Pam Parker
that's just precious!
did he get his package from me today?
the looking over his shoulder was cute too...we could give him the benefit of the doubt and think that he was looking for someone to turn the music on for him.
BTW -- you can send us as many videos as you want to -- we'll look forward to seeing all of whatever of his days you want to share...love you all, mom