We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
*yawn*
Remember this post??

Happened again last night. Exactly the same time - 1:30 - 4:00 a.m. Fortunately, Nathan was there to help me not go crazy. I was. so. tired. And when I'm so tired, I'm seriously lacking in patience.

I can only hope the boy has not been a holy terror at school today.

At our staff meeting today, some of my co-workers reminded me that Iliya very well could be about to go through a cognitive burst. Look at this website (the transcript for a radio talk show with T. Berry Brazelton - the words "cognitive" & "burst" are highlighted, if you only have time for a skim) for more info on the cognitive burst. When I'm feeling a little more intellectually up to it, I will try to explain it in a post, rather than redirect you to a website.

In other news, the kiddo's school pictures came in today. And I must tell you that my child is just cute. I'll try to scan/show you the pic later on. For now, though - with a yawn, I will bid you adieu.
5 Comments:
Melissa,

Owen went through a phase for a couple of weeks straight where he would wake up for 2-3 hours wide awake staring at the ceiling and wanted us to hold him. It was killing us staying up that long in the middle of the night!! We think he was going through a growth spurt, and I've noticed his language has increased too so maybe Iliya is going through a "cognitive burst." Thankfully, Owen is now sleeping through the night and even one hour later than before this "burst." I hope Iliya will do the same for you very soon!!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Well, this takes me back to when Nate must have been going through one of those "bursts"! He wanted to go to sleep with us and it just was easier after a while to do that and take him, asleep to his own bed. Well, then he figured out what I was doing, so that I would have to low crawl out of his room...it seems if he couldn't see me, he would doze back off. But if he saw me leaving, it was another crying jag!! I got really good at sneaking out of his room! HA! This only lasted a few weeks, but I remember it like it was yesterday. Also, when we lived on the farm-he would sing himself to sleep every night. He was 4 or 5 years old. I will always remember how sweet that sound was going to bed(his room was right over ours upstairs). But I can well remember the sleepless nights with ear aches or just not wanting to go to bed.
You'll make it through all these times and look back and have a real good laugh one day!
Love you, Nana

It is so meant to be that Iilya is your son! Even he 'digresses'! ;)

Blogger Sira said...
That is pretty intresting stuff. FYI- I thought I would let you in on the "lab work" I had to turn into today- Yes my first stool gathering. I call my doctor and told them about Iliya's little pest so as you called it- the diaper digging started- however since Max is potty trained so it was a little more intresting trying to get the poo before it hit the water. Yes the glamous life I live.

I will let you know how it turns out. I am hoping that it (Giadia) is what he has and not something more serious.

Blogger Jane and Jim said...
Very interesting - thank you for sharing that.
Hopefully, this burst will finish soon!