We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Monday, October 01, 2007
More Doctors
This will be a very quick post today. Thanks to all of you about your comments on the "no." AnnMarie, we've got a great mental institution right here in town. I can make us some reservations if you, the czar & Zach wanna fly down...the guys can hang out & you & I can go have a girls weekend! :)

Seriously - the "no's" usually make me laugh (internally). It would be fun to get into my little guy's head. While Iliya is sooooo much easier than he was 2 months ago, we still have a bit of a language barrier. His productive language is growing by leaps & bounds - and his receptive language is growing even faster than that...but I still get really frustrated - especially when he gets really frustrated with me. I'm still working on patience; I guess it's a neverending job. And fortunately, he is very forgiving child, and for that I am thankful.

This morning, we went to the dentist to get checked out. In the lobby, Iliya was his rambunctious little self; however, the minute we walked in the exam room, he withdrew. He snuggled to me and stuck his knuckle in his mouth. The hygeinist didn't make us sit in the chair or anything - so that was a plus. The dentist came in and talked with me for a minute. Iliya watched him warily - and the second he saw the latex gloves come out, my child lost it. Fortunately, until children are 4 (which is when they like the kids to start sitting in the chair), the dentist just gets the kids used to him sticking his fingers in their mouths. That's basically all that happened this time - and the dentist brushed Iliya's teeth with a little bit of flouride. You would've thought that we were killing the child - but finally, when we told him -- all done! -- he calmed down. He got a toothbrush and a little ball that he held on to tightly until we got home.

We also had an opthamologist appointment today. Okay, we thought we did. It was in Birmingham, and I realized that I didn't know the directions to the place (and I realized that we don't have vision insurance, so I wanted to see how much the appt. would be today) - so I called. The receptionist looked and told me that our appointment is not until next Monday (I rescheduled for December, though, because we don't have the money to pay for the appointment this month). Evidently the pediatrician's office & I got some wires crossed somewhere. By the time I realized this, it was almost lunchtime/naptime, so I figured it would be too hard to try to go into work. I hadn't even had a shower yet. So - I just put Iliya down for a nap & as soon as I'm finished with this post, I'm off to clean house. Open the windows (because we have B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L weather today) to air out the house.

So that's our day! Off to clean!
1 Comments:
Blogger Becky and Keith said...
I do the same thing everytime I have to go to the dentist too! :-) Thankfully he didn't have to have his eyes poked at on the same day! Hasn't it been GORGEOUS out lately?? Ahhhh... love having the windows open.