We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Everything is "No"
The closer we get to birthday #2, the more I am filled with dread for the terrible 2's. I know, it's all in my mind. We can make them the terrific 2's...if I'm not institutionalized before I even get there!

Take this for instance:

Iliya: puts his sippy cup next to me

Me: oh, you're finished with your drink?

Iliya: shakes his head "no."

Me: oh, so you DO want your drink.

Iliya: shakes his head "no."

Me: oh...hmmm, okay.

Iliya: signs "drink."


Me: okay, here's your drink!

Iliya: vehement shaking of the head (while still signing & reaching for his drink)

And this......this is only one of many examples I could give you. Yep, institution, here I come!!
9 Comments:
Blogger Bethney said...
Haha! Girl u will survive it I promise! Vinny is starting the same things. Somedays I have to hand him off to Daddy and have a few moments of Bethney time so I don't loose my mind.

This too shall pass!!

Blogger Becky and Keith said...
hehehehe... soon you'll get him saying no but shaking his head yes. :-) What a little pistol!

I had fun with that one. I would ask leading questions like... "Is mama ugly? (Lydia: no-no-no)"Do you wanna stay up late tonight? (Lydia: no-no-no)

It's kinda nice when you can lead your witness so easily. We have some great footage of that stage.
Dan loved the video of Iilya too. I think he is so ready for his little boy also.

Are your temps coolin' off down there yet?

Blogger Jane said...
Ohhhh...I will not go into how bad it will (could) get! We'll wait and see how things go.

Blogger Elle said...
No just about drove me insane. However, I think "why" will put me over the edge.

Blogger Robin said...
Both my kids were/have been easy as pie while in their 2's. Its 3's that have been a killer for me. I actually love the age of 2. Its too much fun. 3, ehh I survived one and I know I will survive the second but I would rather go on some sort of mommy deployment for that year.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
At least you have a well-known institution conveniently located nearby! ;-)
Actually, I am sure you will pass this "test" with flying colors. You do have a lot of support, praise the Lord. Iliya's grandparents have been there and lived to tell about it, as have many others.
Blessings to all,
Pam Parker

Anonymous Anonymous said...
He wanted something to drink other than what you had for him -- like chocolate milk :o)

And for Robin (& you too, Melissa) -- wait until age 13 -- that's when aliens come & take your child away & give you a completely different one that you pretty much have no clue as to what to do with -- then the space ship returns & gives you back your child when they are about 18 :o) It's amazing how it works -- that's the real "close encounter of the bewildered kind". But you know, your parents survived & our parents survived us...and so on...& then with the Lord's blessing, one day you'll be grandparents & you'll enjoy each & every minute of it!

What a marvelously, wonderful weekend!
love, grandmom & grandad

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I will join you in that institution...where should we meet?