We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Prepare Yourself -
- for some serious cuteness.

I present to you, the newest UA fan:

(click to make the images larger)



Roll Tide
Waiting for Big Al

Roll Tide
Big Al!

Roll Tide
Ummm..get me away from that big thing

Roll Tide
Ahhh, a safe place!

Roll Tide
Not only is it safe, it's shady!

Roll Tide
The view from the tunnel



So there you go...that was Iliya's first experience with Big Al. Now, for the experience on the Quad...

Roll Tide
Parked at Aunt Sarah's friend's house - ready for our trek

Roll Tide
Tell me if that is not one of the sweetest faces you've ever laid eyes on.

Roll Tide
Ready for the Elephant Stomp!!

Roll Tide
Ti-Tiiiiii! (RooolllllTide!)

Roll Tide
what a good view

Roll Tide
stopped by dad's co-worker's tent. had a cookie...or 3.


So...we may have lost the game, and it may have been muggy and hot (and extremely, more-than-I've-ever-seen-it crowded) on the Quad...but I can honestly say that I believe my child enjoyed himself. He took in all the sights and sounds - loved dancing to the music the band was playing - and above all, enjoyed his visit to that tent.
11 Comments:
Blogger MandyJo013078 said...
Melissa -
Iliya just keeps getting cuter and cuter! Plus I blew the picture up of that elephant bigger and I've never been to Alabama ... but he looked scarey to me! lol! So ... no wonder little Iliya was scared tell him I understand his fear... I never did like clowns either! Those pictures though are adorable! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day! The picture of the three of you is really good too!
MandyJo

Blogger Ginger said...
What a boy!...that belly...those cheeks...those expressive eyes, etc, etc! He's quite a trooper to have taken on a game-day quad crowd. I LOVE the picture of the three of you in your Roll Tide shirts but especially the one of Iliya on Nathan's shoulders!!

Blogger Jane and Jim said...
LOVE that farmer's tan he's got going! He's just too cute and red definitely is his color - so glad he had fun! You all make an adorable family.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Well what can I say that everyone else hasn't? Ha! He is truly a handsome lil man. Where did you find that Bama romper? I'd like to have one for Vinny with Auburn!

- Bethney

Anonymous Anonymous said...
After several weeks of being unable to read the blog (except when I'd come to your house to visit, which kinda defeats the purpose of reading), I am finally back! YAY! Secondly, those pictures are SO cute! He's just so presh! ~La

Blogger Elle said...
too cute!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh, that face! He is absolutely adorable! Looks like he is becoming an avid Tide fan! YEA!!!
The photos from the visit with Big Al in the schoolyard are just fantastic! I love the way they tell the story from Iliya's perspective. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Pam Parker

Blogger Cori said...
Awwww, what sweet pictures! And he looks SO precious in his Jon jon; I'm so glad it fits him. YAY!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
The stories and pics are so cute - even I wanted Bama to beat GA - plus I had a couple of Bama fans with me - even Bill was excited about the game. But "I" looks so cute -and I loved the video - he has really picked up words and sounds - and says "Mama" - and of course Lala - Aunt Kathleen was asking about Iliya - Mamaw was proud to tell her all about him.
love
Tatya Sis

Blogger Carey and Norman said...
Catching up on your blog. Loved the Alabama game photos and especially enjoyed the video of Iliya saying Roll Tide and making animal noises. Isn't so wonderful to hear your son saying Momma and I Love You!! It melts your heart.

So glad things are going so well for you and your family!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I am so glad you and Nathan are raising him right! Roll Tide- Melodie Allen