We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Friday, October 05, 2007
26 Days...
...and you will find out what my child is going to be for Halloween.

Since Iliya is so young, and he doesn't know/care about Halloween, I am having a hard time getting into the whole costume thing. People keep asking me what he is going to be, and frankly, I had no clue. We don't "do" cartoons, and right now, Iliya doesn't have a favorite book character, or anything. So I figured I would be out & about sometime & see something that he should just have. And today, I found it. (**updated to say that I bought the costume - so I already know what Iliya will be...but...)

But it's a secret till Halloween.

In lieu of telling the secret, I will give you pictures from school...I promised that in my last post. These are not great pics - but they are the ones I have!






In other news, I believe the child is turning into a snot-monkey. It's not really a "sick" snot (knock on wood) but actually, I believe there must be something in the air that is causing allergies. The snot is nice (can snot be "nice??") & clear, but I feel like we're in Russia again, when I put him to sleep & listen to him breathe. I'm not really worried about it right now - in fact, I may start him back on the Zyrtec he was on while he was in the baby home & see what that does for him.

One of the kids in his class was sent home yesterday with croup, so hopefully they caught it quickly enough so it doesn't go around the classroom.

Let's see...what else..?

Oh, that's it! Nothing! Life is pretty routine & boring right now...but routine & boring is nice. Nathan is finally off his Guard orders - which means that we will actually get to see him this weekend. Which will be awfully nice.

Did I mention that my parents came down last weekend? We had a great Friday night & Saturday with them (this is only the 2nd time they've gotten to really see Iliya). In lieu of a snazzy ending, I'm going to end with a sweet picture. This was taken when my dad & Iliya were playing in little sandbox in our backyard. And as I close, I will say have a good weekend!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

11 Comments:
Blogger Bethney said...
I love the picture of him painting and that green outfit is so adorable!! The last picture of your dad is Iliya's hands is priceless...that's something you will treasure for years to come. I remember the first time my dad held Vinny, it was the first time I broke down crying after giving birth to him, it was just so special to see the love in my daddy's eye's looking at my little child.

Blogger Bethney said...
Yes you caught me I am ADDICTED to these blogs now and I check everyday!!! Plus who can resist Iliya's sweet face?!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Yes-- that picture of dad's and his hand IS priceless. I'm going to show it to mom in a few minutes and I'll put $99 on her crying.

Also, if you haven't already bought a costume, you should choose like 3 and have your blog readers vote on the one. Kinda like a reality show. Wait. Maybe that's not such a good idea. Anyway. He'd make an awfully cute little dinosaur or frog!!!! -Aunt Lala

Blogger Great Aunt Cheryl said...
Since he likes to pretend he's a dog...how about a cute doggie?

Blogger Jane said...
I'm no doctor...but I do suffer from allergies. I'm not sure what is in the air, but a handful of times these past two weeks my nose has acted like a facet...clear, but wide open. And since you guys are on the same growth line as NW SC...probably allergies. Keep an ear out for that croup... not fun stuff.

I agree with Cheryl...I like the idea of a dog!

Enjoy your weekend...all THREE of you!

Blogger Becky and Keith said...
I can't wait to see the halloween costume!! We'll definitely head your way again and you're right! We'll be playing with the kiddo, but I'll be happy to loan you my chainsaw! ;-)

Blogger kate said...
LOVE the pic of the hands! i vote for a humidifier in i's room. (umm...that's cause i need one in mine all winter.)

looking forward to the cossie reveal!

Iilya is so absolutely lovely to look upon. What a handsome little guy. I love the pictures of him hard at work in his class. Such concentration.

Blogger Jane and Jim said...
He's such a happy little man. My fave pic is the one of him painting - soooo cute with the little smock on - and of course your dad's hand with his - that's too sweet.
I'm looking forward to reading about his Halloween costume and seeing him in it! It's such a fun and silly holliday!
j

Blogger Jane and Jim said...
Oh and maybe a de-humidifier in his room? Is it very humid where you live?

What a beautiful picture of your dad and Iliya's hands!! The ones at school are precious too of course :)

Owen doesn't do cartoons either so we're going for an animal. It is a surprise too! Isn't it so much fun that we get to dress them up this year? And then we have our first family holidays with them, Thanksgiving and Christmas!! Oh, and of course, their birthdays too!!

:)