We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Sunday, November 11, 2007
The Climber
I met with Iliya's teachers on Friday, for our first family meeting of the year. Nathan couldn't be there because he couldn't get off work. But interestingly (though not surprisingly), I was informed that one of Iliya's absolute favorite things to do is climb. Not only on the playground. He climbs on chairs, on the table, (and you all saw, not long ago) on the bookshelf. All things that are childsize, he climbs on them.

He hasn't done much climbing at home; perhaps because everything is adult-sized.

Enter Saturday. He reaaaaaaaaaalllly wanted to get up on one of the dining room chairs, but I was not quick enough to help him. So right before my very eyes, he launched himself up and squirmed right up on that chair. And then... he was up on the piano bench, and up on the couch. And standing up on his Radio Flyer car. And on the top of the slide.

He has successfully thumbed his nose at everything adult-sized. He no longer is hindered from climbing; he has conquered.

Lord help us all...
4 Comments:
Blogger Jane said...
praying for the parents of the little climber!

Blogger Sira said...
Too funny. I love the vidoes!

Blogger MandyJo013078 said...
That is so funny ... He's just decided... I'm gonna make it happen ... today's the day! Too Cute!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Yeah, life as you know it is over. Get ready to sprint across a room in seconds to stop your son from climbing the walls. He's probably contemplating how to do that already!