We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Monday, November 12, 2007
Happy Veteran's Day...

To my favorite veteran (and all veterans)! Well, I know Veteran's Day was yesterday - but I forgot to say it yesterday, because it was a crazy-busy day, what with the child climbing on everything & all. (if you are wondering about the scratches on Iliya's face -- he had a pretty eventful morning: a run in with one of the cats {we told him it would happen, but he had to experience himself, I guess} and fell out of his drum that he was standing in {amazingly, he wasn't standing ON it, but if he had been, I'm sure he would not have gotten hurt. Murphy's Law, I suppose}. Anyway...I digress...)

Nathan marched in this parade today, and Iliya and I went to watch - my sister met us there. We had a nice time, though it was H-O-T. I am so proud of my husband; that's all I can say. Sometimes I'm so proud that I just do not have words.

I hope you all will take some time out of your busy schedules to reflect upon the sacrifices made by veterans in years past and today. There are so many who have given - and those who continue to give - their all so that we may have the freedom we hold so dear.
9 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Grateful does not begin to say it. Thanks to Nathan and to all veterans for your efforts toward preserving our freedom and safety. This includes my husband and my father -- yes, I am proud of them, too. Hallelujah!
Blessings,
Pam Parker

Blogger Unknown said...
That is such a good picture! We hated to miss it, but next year we'll be there. Since I'll technically be in the school system, my hope and prayer is that they won't say "Oh, mappers, we can just have a day of Reflection at Wilson since you're out of school that day." I'm telling you now, I will cry openly.

Anyway, glad you guys had a good time! Veterans Day is such a special occasion, not just a day off. I wish more people could see it for what it really is...especially the "enlightened" and educated people who run our university and set the calendar.

Alright, I'll climb down off my high horse now. Love you guys, Kristy

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Yes. It's a shame that we have a tendency to "overlook" or forget the things that are being done for us every day that preserve our freedom and rights. It IS such a blessing to have people who defend those they love and the country they love. God Bless America!
Love,
Sal
PS- Kristy. You might want to go ahead and buy a box of tissues for 11/11 next year because you called it-- a day of reflection in Wilson! But the NEXT year (and years to come after that) you'll be absolutely reflection-free on 11/11. :)

Blogger Christen L said...
That's a great picture.

A big thank you to Nathan and all who have served for our country!

Blogger Jane and Jim said...
Thank you Nathan for our freedom. What you do is extremely important, don't ever doubt that.

Beautiful pic of the fam.

Blogger Unknown said...
Sarah,
Yeah, that's what I figured. Though it will give me a chance to speak my mind about how incredibly CRAPPY it is that such an "enlightened" university can chose to ignore the men and women who do so much for us everyday by simply getting up and going to work. But you step back and watch the poo poo hit the fan if anyone suggested that we not celebrate a certain dead person's birthday in January. I'm not saying that person wasn't very influential and important, but...that doesn't mean that he deserves more honor than our military.

I know I'm on my high horse, but it just seems very hypocritical to me. Plus, I don't get to go to the parade with the sweet boy!!!!! Grrrrrr.

Oh well, life's not fair sometimes. Guess I'll cope like always. Thanks for the note, Kristy

What a lovely photo! Both your boys are just so handsome!!!!

Blogger Carey and Norman said...
Sorry I haven't commented in awhile. I was in Nashville for work last week and have slowly been catching up with everyone's blogs. I always save yours (and Adriennes) for last as you girls have the best blogs and I know I can't just skim through them. I like to take my time and watch all the videos and read about all the new adventures and findings.

Iliya is so adorably sweet and your family is just precious. I always enjoy all the little video clips as it makes it so personal. It is amazing how you can feel like you've known someone for years and yet you have just gotten to know them over a few months of blogging.

Anyways, many blessings to your family and tell Nathan we are very proud of him and his efforts! God Bless!

Blogger Becky and Keith said...
We are so very grateful for all that Nathan and everyone in the military does! Thanks, Nathan! I love the family picture and am so sorry about the cat incident - but everyone needs to learn a lesson their own sometimes! Your such a good mom... a natural!