I have been dying to have pictures taken of Iliya. So late last week, I decided that on Saturday, while Nathan was at Drill, I would take Iliya out to
Capitol Park to take some pictures. I'm no photographer (as you will definitely see in these pics) but I do have fun with it. As it turns out, my friend Ginger came into town for the weekend, as did my inlaws (for the day)...so we had some company. In fact, Kristy, Patrick and Natalie also accompanied us -- to get their Christmas photos taken by my father-in-law (aka Papa) who
does happen to be a photographer, and a good one at that. Papa had not brought his special camera, so we just took several pictures -- I used my camera, Kristy used hers, and papa went between both of our cameras shooting here & there.
Iliya & I actually arrived at the park a little before the rest of the gang, so I decided to start shooting pictures of Iliya as he explored the area. These are the pictures I'm sharing tonight. I think they turned out pretty well, though I know I have a lot to learn...especially about light and angles (so I would say I pretty much need to learn about everything).
But it was fun - and Iliya got some great exercise, running around & climbing. In a lot of these pictures, you can see the acorns that he carried around & would not put down - he was defininitely a busy boy! Oh, and I got my exercise, too, seeing that none of these pictures were posed -- I literally ran behind, in front of, and alongside my child to see what I could capture. Needless to say, he & I both slept very well Saturday night.





Here are a couple pictures I played with (cropping, coloring, etc) just to see what I could do. Don't laugh too hard at my efforts.


And here is a picture of the boy and his mother (which was obviously not taken by me, as I cannot be 2 places at once):

Btw, Vinny has an acorn obsession too. :) He loves it when I stomp on them and squish them all over the ground.
love you all...mom (grandmom)
He's such a happy boy and you guys make a great looking family!
The pictures are beautiful. I keep thinking I should take a class on photography ... but then I end up putting it off for something else that needs to be done. Thanks for sharing Iliya gets cuter every single time I see a new picture!
MandyJo