
Yesterday was a nice day. My sister is down, staying with a friend, and she came over for a while yesterday. I had to make a Hobby Lobby run, so we loaded up in the car to go (my boy rides SO well in the carseat - I think he really enjoys seeing all the sights).
Then we made our way home, had a 45 minute nap, and then ended up being pretty cranky the rest of the afternoon. I think the crankiness is, in large part - if not in whole, a direct result of constipation. The reason for his 45 minute nap was that he woke up with his tummy hurting really bad...He couldn't go back to sleep. we've upped the apple juice, and if it doesn't get better, I guess we're going to have to give him some babylax or something. Because I hate to see him hurting!
Nathan has Drill this weekend - so when he got back in last night, we ran to grab a bite to eat at a local restaurant. Iliya did SO well. He's a good little eater, and he sat in his highchair without complaints.
But this is where the interesting comment comes in. I know I've mentioned that my boy is a very cute child...those of you who have seen him IRL have made the same comments. It's kinda funny, because in the past, Nathan & I have never elicited the attention we now do, for having Iliya with us. It's rare for one person to walk by us and not make a comment about "that cute baby." Last night, as we were walking outside the restaurant, this lady went really crazy over Iliya, talking about what a beautiful boy he was, and asking how old he was, etc. Her husband looked at Iliya, looked at me & Nathan, and said, "wow..there's no denying this one!"
Now, anytime I've ever heard this phrase used, it's to refer to how much a child looks like his/her parents. I'm not positive that's what the man meant...but what an interesting comment, don't you think? And we just smiled at him, nodded our heads, and continued answering his wife's questions.
And the great thing is...he's right...our child is just that. Ours. There's no denying him.
A Growing Boy!








Secondly, my older girl was/is very prone to constipation. We found that pear juice worked better that apple juice. Or who knows? As well as your child eats he may enjoy prunes. Morgan liked those, too, as a child. They're chewy and sweet and help with the tummy issues really well!
Kris
So glad y'all are home at last! Just look how far the Lord has brought you!
Love and blessings,
Pam Parker
more water and fruits that are high in water... keep in mind we have been VERY hot in the south this week and he is not used to being near this hot.
a good foot massage is good... reflexology is awesome... and he will love the feel of your fingers on his lotioned feet!
And light massaging of the stomach.... clock wise rotation is awesome! light kneading with your finger tips and long muscle stroking.... just keep all movements in the clockwise rotation as that is the way the digestive track is "laid out".
There is no doubt... God has given Little I the perfect parents for his needs! Praise God for answered prayers!
Alex has a lot of stomach issue's...so, we feed her as little dairy as we can and as much fiber as possible (yogurt could be an issue???). Apples (no applesauce or bananas)and oatmeal are a great source of fiber. The new food, the new schedule, and the stress of the whole "NEW" situation could be to blame for his problems. I know everytime we go on vacation, it's like starting over with Alex! Looks like you have plenty of tricks to try from the other comments! I hope something gives very soon. I know it's torture to see your child so pittiful and in so much pain!
I hear the same comment all the time...how Kevin could never deny Wesley! I was talking with some of my family last night about Iliya...and was telling them how amazing the person is in Russia that places the children with their adoptive parents. Whomever he/she is, does such a wonderful job of making sure the baby favors the adoptive parents. I told them how much Iliya favored Nathan (Joel and Justin) and how much Owen favors Adrienne and Jim (I've been reading their blog the last few months). It amazes me how 2 babies from the same region and the same baby home can look so different...yet be placed with parents that they looks so much alike! I hope that all made sense...but that has really intrigued me over the last few months!
I hope your second week home together, is as good or better than your first week! As always, you are in our thoughts and prayers!
Love,
Andrea
As for constipation, no joke, our pediatrician said apple juice can cause it. (something about the refined sugars, yadda, yadda, yadda.) We were told to switch to white grape juice. Bam. No more problems.
But maybe my kids are just weird...it runs in the family, I am told. =)