We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Friday, July 27, 2007
Yesterday - Day 7
Sorry for not posting yesterday! We lost the internet at lunchtime and only just now got it back. So I guess better late than never, right? At bedtime, I had a post ready to go (written in Word) for whenever we got the internet back...but oh well. So here it is...just pretend the "todays" actually say "yesterday."
------------------------------

Today brought on a fascination with birds. There were a ton of little brown birds (sparrows, I think) outside and we chased them all around the playground. Around & around. I think the highlight of the day (other than eating, of course) was the fact that we saw so many fun, chase-able birds.

Another good thing happened today. We were out for a walk and met another couple, who have court today. We stopped to talk for a second…and one look at them had Little I running to me, and attaching himself to my leg. I picked him up and he tolerated them – but was okay as long as I held him. He is doing fairly well with being able to be around people and not get too overstimulated…of course, these people are usually busy with their own children, and are not terribly interested in getting their hands on him, so any exposure to other people is pretty low key stimulation right now.

It is really hard to believe that this time, one week ago, we were finished with court and had just become parents to the cutest boy this side of the Pacific Ocean! He has brought us so much joy in the last week; literally more joy than we could’ve possibly imagined. He is mischievous, hardheaded, funny, and all around precious. We couldn’t have asked for more in a child, and are so thankful that he’s ours, and we are his.
5 Comments:
Blogger Great Aunt Cheryl said...
I've been checking the blog all day...I think that's a WONDERFUL sign...Little I attaching himself to your leg...he sees you as his protector & knows that you will take care of him! That's a HUGE step!!!

We're enjoying the pictures--personally I think that he favors Nathan...doesn't God work in wonderous ways?!?!?!

Love you!!!!!!!

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
your posts have been so fun to read. sounds like you are having a great time! even though it's a pain... i hope we have to wait out the 10 days in russia. i think it helps with the bonding and you have more time to take in the russia culture (to share with him in the future).

Bird Chasing? How cute! Sounds like Iliya is attaching VERY well! I'm loving the pictures, and I also think he looks like you both! So amazing how God brings us together with children on the other side of the world who look like us.

I love Iliya's cheeks and that cute round tummy! Owen is finally starting to fill out. He loves to eat so we're anxious to see how much he's grown when we go back to the doctor in a couple of weeks.

Almost time to go to Moscow!! I'm so glad you're enjoying each day you have in Vlad. You will never forget it.

:) Adrienne

Blogger Jane said...
My heart is so full with thanksgiving for all of you! God is so good! I's adoption will change the lives of many. Yes... I is the main "focus" of the adoption... but EVERYONE the three of you come in contact with will be effect by you guys! Praise God for world changers!

Soon and very soon, you will all be home and wondering what you ever did before Friday, July 20th, 2007!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hey guys! We have enjoyed reading your updates and seeing the sweet sweet pictures! He is soooo precious...I just can't wait to smooch on those chubby cheeks and tickle his little tummy! His hands are so precious and he has the longest eye lashes! We are beyond ready for you to be home...but I know how important this time is to your relationship! The story of him running to Nate and looking at him when you asked where was Daddy...and him attaching himself to your legs...those are just examples of answered prayers, but it also shows what a wonderful job of parenting you are doing! He's obviously already attached and very comfortable with you! As always your in our prayers!

Love,
Andrea

P.S.-...hold onto him on the see-saws...he looks so tiny down there by himself! (0: