Well, we are over halfway through our ten days, and the humidity is steadily climbing. I'm really (really!) happy that we're getting closer to the end of this wait, but this humidity is killing me! I know, it's more humid at home...but just as I was getting used to the cooler weather (and boy, has it been nice), it got hot & humid on me. Suffice it to say that the hair has been in a ponytail for the past two days. Oh, and I am regretting the fact that I brought only pants. Oh well...enough complaining.
I am exhausted, so this really is going to be a pretty short post. We have a pretty set routine, right now, and so there's not a lot of new stuff to talk about. Little I still loves the playground and we spend a LOT of time out there every day! He likes to pick things (tennis ball, rocks, shovel) up and put them in the swing...he swings these things like they are people. He also has discovered that he loves the seesaw. And today, we found a little riding toy that Little I ended up LOVING. He rode it around (with us pushing him) and then he pushed it around for a while.
He really wants to play in the sandbox, but it's a very open sandbox and we've seen quite a few cats running around, so we've not been letting him play in it. That doesn't make him very happy...but there are plenty of other things to keep him busy.
We are feeling really positive about his attachment...he's been displaying a stronger attachment to me (which is not unusual) but he loves playing with Nathan. He's just most comfortable when I'm around. Yesterday, though, we were outside, and Nathan had to run back inside for a second. When he came back outside, Little I ran all the way down the sidewalk & into Nathan's arms...laughing the whole way. That's a first, and was so sweet!
My child still likes to eat (and we're STILL working on learning his stopping point - his tummy hurts right now b/c we missed it at dinnertime) but last night, we learned that he does not like chopped chicken & steamed rice. I guess it's too bland. He chose cucumbers, instead. Interesting choice, don't you think? Today, we learned he likes hashbrowns, ham & cheese sandwiches, and pasta. Every day is a new discovery!
And one last cuteness...I was pushing Iliya on the swings, and Nathan was sitting on the seesaw. I asked Iliya where daddy was, and he immediately looked over at Nathan. Nathan waved at us, and Iliya waved back. This is the first that he has done anything like that, and it was really sweet.
We are SO looking forward to coming home. We can't wait to see everyone...I can't wait to have more than 3 outfits to wear...we can't wait to see our dogs & cats...I'm looking forward to looking like I actually care about my appearance! And we can't wait for Iliya to sleep in his new room. We are just looking forward to coming home, in every way possible.
Till then, we wait, and bond with our little one. This ten days is a very much-needed thing. It just gets a little long at times. Home is beckoning stronger & stronger each day!
Love, Sis
I'm so glad that you are all three doing so well! Iliya is just so cute and sweet! I think his room that you did is beautiful and I can't wait for you to all be safe at home. I think that the 10 day waiting period sounds like a good thing too. I'm looking forward to having that time with my little one when I adopt! Good luck -
MandyJ0
Have you tried the Chicken Focacia sandwich at the Inn yet? It is lovely!
Alicia
But take advantage of your bonding time together. We can wait. Not very well, at times, but wait we will. HA!
We love you!
Nana & Papa
Soon you'll be home and he'll have a lot more new expreinces.
I know you can't wait to get home and you will soon enough. Right now just try to take it all in because this trip will be one of the highlights in your life. You will always remember this time so make the best of it.
Can't wait until your off to Moscow because then you are with him alone with no paperwork to wait on or any othing in your way.
I agree with what Sira said about trying to enjoy each and every day there. Just reading about your fun with Iliya outside, I can so vividly picture our walks and playtime the few days Owen was with us at the Vlad Inn. It's such a great memory!
I can't wait for you to be in Moscow and on your way home, too though, because I know how good it feels to finally have your little boy at home, where you've waited so many months for him to be.
Have a great day tomorrow!