We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Some Pictures
Thanks again for your comments - each one is so special to us & we appreciate them!!

We finally succumbed to sleep at 9:00 last night. We had hoped to stay up a little later, but we kept nodding off (this was even after a 2 hr. - accidental - nap in the early evening time). So we went ahead & lay down to sleep and were wide awake at 3:30 this morning. Hence the early post from me, now!

At the suggestion of several friends & family, I got a couple tubes of that Airborne stuff. I only made it here with 1 of the tubes - the other, I think, is sitting on my kitchen counter, where I last had it. Oh well. We'll share this tube & hope not to get sick. I tell you what, though, have you ever drunk Johnson's baby shampoo? Well, me either, but that's what this stuff MUST taste like. It is NASTY. (and wouldn't you know that Nathan LOVES it - he actually asks when we can have our next serving!)

Anyway...

I thought you might enjoy a few pictures from our trip, thus far. None of these is particularly exciting - but I do what I can!! :) Click on each thumbnail to make it bigger. Presenting, the beginning of Trip Two:

Delta, from ATL to Moscow

on our Delta flight, from ATL to SVO


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Transatlantic flightpics from the Transatlantic flight. If the map on the plan was correct, we were somewhere over Greenland.


on our Aeroflot flight from Moscow to Vladivostok

On the Aeroflot flight, from SVO to VVO


Flying out of Moscow

A pic taken from the airplane, as we flew out of Moscow


Anyone wanna guess why my dad & brothers would LOVE flying Aeroflot???

War Chickenflot!

WAR CHICKENFLOT!! (kidding guys, just kidding.......sorta)


in the air above Vlad in the air above Vlad

In the air, above Vladivostok


Landing in Vlad Landing in Vlad

Landing in Vlad...no snow this time, it looks so different!!


So there you go...hope you enjoy!

10 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
glad I checked your blog - and love the pics - we're all anxiously waiting -
love
sis

YEA! You're there!! Please tell Irina and Lana HELLO for us and that Owen is doing GREAT! He runs to us for big hugs now and is making much better eye contact. He calls me Mama and wants me to be with him all the time. We're so happy. :)

I'm looking forward to reading your next post and can't wait to hear about your first visit with Little I. YEA for court Friday! Don't stress over it, Lana will prepare you well and be with you in the small courtroom. YIPPEE! You are bringing I. HOME!

Hugs,
Adrienne

Blogger JennStar said...
You're going to have to try a different flavor- we've had the pink grapefruit and the hot apple cider (I drink it cold, although they suggest it hot) and they're both pretty good. I think I've also gotten the packets in lemon lime and that was also pretty decent.

Blogger Unknown said...
The Airborne story cracks me up!! When we were little, Nathan was the pickiest eater...and now he'll eat anything, or try it at least once. Boy, have our roles reversed! Gives me hope for Natalie, who I think is the pickiest child EVER...well, maybe except for your brother Jonathan...Natalie does have him beat by a little - HA...oh, and Lance, too! (hee hee)

Anyway, we're glad that you made it and have gotten some rest. At two o'clock this afternoon, I was adding it up and thinking "Oh, it's 6 a.m. tomorrow morning there...I wonder if they're up yet." Guess you were.

And don't worry, the little man will have you both broken in and just like he wants you in no time at all! Little ones are very reliable that way.

Love you both!! Kristy

Blogger Dede said...
I'm glad you made it there safely and with all your luggage. Great pictures! I can't wait until you can finally post some pics of Little I. Keep em' coming!!!

Blogger Deb said...
So glad you're safe and seem to be enjoying your time. I love your journal of the travel day. I really feel like I am there. And you guys are pros at traveling so you make it sound so simple.

Blogger Maggie said...
You're not allowed to look that cute on such a long flight. You're supposed to look haggard and worn -- don't you know the rules?

Glad you're there safe and sound. Thinking about you!

Blogger Chris said...
Hi Melissa and Nathan,

We are adopting from Perm, Russia and are patiently waiting for our trip 2.

We are so excited for you! Good luck with your trip. Watching you get your kids gives us great hope and inspiration!

God Bless you and your new children!

Chris and Danica

Blogger Misty Q. said...
Nate and Melissa Iam so glade that yall have finally made it to this point in your lives. Being a parent is such a speical gift and God has given it to yall. I can't wait to see the little man. When aunt Babes called and told me the news I had chill bumps all over. Have a safe trip while yall are there and a safe trip back as a father and mother and son.
Love, Misty,Rodney,Ashleigh and Josh

Blogger MandyJo013078 said...
Nathan and Melissa -
Keep on the airborne! It always does wonders for me and also the whole family that I nanny for... we all take it to keep well when traveling. Can't wait to hear about Little I and how he is doing! I'm praying for you guys. Hope court goes smoothly! Thanks for posting pics!
-MandyJo