We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Seventeen Weeks Ago, today...
...we left Little I at the Baby Home. We are going back today...we leave in about 20 minutes. I just wanted to take a second to say thank you so much for all your thoughts & prayers through our whole process. It's not over, yet...but it's hard to believe that we are finally going to see him in a matter of a few hours! Seventeen weeks has gone SO slow...yet so quickly...it's amazing.

Much love & thanks to all of you!
~Melissa
17 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TYPE OUT SCREAMING WITH EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!! YIPPY, YAY, WOO HOO, WWWWEEEEEEEEEE...I could go on, but you get the point. Even though I'll be teaching your Bible class tonight, my heart will be with you guys! Love you, Kristy

Blogger Ani said...
wooo hooo - so happy you are finally back with your baby.
can't wait until you have them in your arms forever.

Blogger Troy and Rachel said...
Wow - we are so happy for you. When you read this you will have probably already held your son!! Good luck with court tomorrow your time!!

Blogger Susan said...
Awesome, what an exciting day for you three. Enjoy your time with Little I.

Blogger JennStar said...
I'm giddy for you guys, and Little I! Wow, 17 weeks!! I'm so glad that those 17 weeks are over!!

Blogger Becky and Keith said...
I'm so super excited for you guys! You should be with Little I right now! Can't wait to hear all about the reunion! :-)

Well, I will be interested in hearing what your comments are on the changes in little I. I am worried that I will fall to pieces when I see Dima and see what changes has occured in him that I wasn't there for or a part of. You don't want them to stop growing just for you but it seems like such a heartache to come back to a so much older baby.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Looking forward to hearing about your return visit........and the court experience and then the "new arrival"..........love sis

Blogger Suz said...
Yay, I can't wait to hear all about the reunion!

Blogger Tami said...
I can't wait to hear about the reunion...how sweet it must be.

Blogger Allison said...
Yeah!! I can't imagine how long those 17 weeks were, but I'm sure you'll forget all about that waiting once he's in your arms again. I can't wait to hear an update on the reunion.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'm on pins and needles waiting for your next installment because that will mean you have had the chance to hold your son again. Congrats every step of the way! HUGS!

Blogger Sira said...
I can't wait to hear what it was like to see the little guy after so long! I just know those emotions that are rushing through you guys right now. I am just Gitty with joy for you and little I.

YEA!! We are so excited to read your next post we can barely stand it! I can't wait to see how your visit goes. I was concerned like Alicia about Owen's changes over the 4 months, but I was so happy with how he'd developed and to be with him again, that all seemed not to matter so much anymore. I was so glad to finally have him in my arms again.

I am so giddy too, just like the others who commented. The emotions are so wonderful! Enjoy every minute of your visit, and ask Lana to show you the milk you are used to drinking!!!

Love,
Adrienne

Blogger Unknown said...
You are so ready to bring him home, enjoy this time together in Russia! Can't wait for your next post to read about your reunion!

Blogger Jenni said...
I wish you all the best on this final journey to bring little I home!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I am so excited for you both. It's been a long journey but the very best in life is worth waiting for. I hope Little I grows up to realize how very lucky he is to have you as parents. CONGRATULATIONS!

Ruth Womack