We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Saturday, March 10, 2007
Going Out of Business....I think?
If you've been to my jewelry website lately, you'll notice that it has disappeared! With the craziness of the past month, I literally forgot to renew the domain and so ... yeah, it's gone. Which is a little sad to me b/c I enjoyed having it, if nothing else, as a gallery to display some of the things I had made. But honestly? It had become something that was taking up a lot of time that I (and my trusty webmaster!) just didn’t have.

Since November, it had not been updated - my brother-in-law was my "webmaster" for the site and his life has been topsy-turvy/busy for quite some time, so I haven't wanted to add to his plate by saying, "hey! can you do these updates for my website? i know i can't pay you, but..."

Having a family member who is good with computers is like having a friend who is a doctor or a friend who is a police officer. All of these people (and I'm sure people in many other professions) become overused by those close to them, just b/c they have a knowledge of something their friends and family don't. So interactions with these people become, "Hey, I know you are good with computers....." or "Man, I've had this weird blister come up on my foot...." or "Do you know anyone in the police department, because I got a ticket the other day...", and ya know, sometimes, when a person leaves work, they wanna just be a normal, average person for a while!! (not saying that at all that these people mind…I just think that those of us – who are NOT these people – don’t realize that they probably get hit up by tons of people throughout any given week, and we take it for granted that they won’t say “no” to helping us out!)

So having said all that, I just decided I wouldn't bother Patrick anymore (and Pat, if you read this, THANKS for designing/updating all those times you did!!!!!!!).

Guess I could learn to be more web-designing literate, but...I had already determined the next thing I'm gonna learn is to speak Russian. And THAT hasn't happened yet (except for small phrases/words that sound laughable when I say them).

So. On a whim, I tried renewing the domain name, but that didn’t bring the website back (no laughing!!!!!!!!!!). So I have domain space for a while yet, but no website to put there. Oh well...

**Edit: right after I posted this (on another whim), I checked. My website is back up. Weird. Guess my first whim was right... hmm.

Even if I ever get something back up, I still think I am going to give up my business license. Why?, you ask. Well, also with all the craziness, I've almost forgotten to file my taxes TWICE. Can you believe this?? Part of it is that I haven't had time to actively make jewelry; therefore, haven't had time to actively sell jewelry.....so it's really a matter of sending in papers to the state/city/county saying that I haven't sold anything...........and the focus on everything else has pushed taxes/business stuff to the back of my mind; hence the forgetting! And the penalty for forgetting? $50 each. I can't afford that!!!

So...having said all that...when I have time, I will still be making jewelry, and if you ever want me to make you something, I am more than happy to do that!! So there it is, readers: I'm gonna go back to not officially having a business... At this point in my life, it is just one more thing that I have to keep up with and I just thought I'd let you all know this information!!

**I have an idea: Since my website is back up, I think I will do a sort of "clearance sale." I have so much jewelry that I've made over time and have had no time to do anything with, so if you would like to purchase something, everything on the website is half off, and free shipping for purchases over $25. But we'll have to do transactions through email (use the "email us" button on the website), b/c I don't have time to go through & edit the shopping cart. Oh wait, one more thing: I can't guarantee the availability of everything on the site (b/c it's not been updated since Nov., and I had stuff purchased over Christmas) BUT I do have a lot in stock that is not on there. So if you're looking for something in particular, let me know - and I'll let you know if I've got it in stock. Everything I have (that is already made) is half off.**
2 Comments:
Blogger Elle said...
Sweet! I checked it the other day and I was bummed because it was gone. I was going to look for a new little bit to make me smile or perhaps a bracelet to match my awesome necklace.

And if anyone is curious, I am the proud owner of a Princess and the Bee piece of jewelry and I love it!!!

Blogger Deb said...
Very cool. I love your stuff.
If you don't mind I would like to send an e-mail to a couple of friends to let them know. I tell them to let you know I told them about it so you will know how they heard about it.