
Why, it's Glinda the Good Witch!
Was it the beautiful smile...

or the homemade (from a napkin) skirt that clued you in?

Judging from the above photos, I suppose it goes without saying that my child has a (perhaps unhealthy?) obsession with the Wizard of Oz. I have never enjoyed the movie; I think I've seen it it all the way through (mayyyybe) one time. In fact, he probalby would've never seen it, if not for my parents showing it to him when he was visiting them one time. For every time that I've almost seen it all the way through (yes, that would be once), Iliya has now probably seen it 20 times. And he loves it. He loves the music, the characters, and pretty much everything else you can think of.
In fact, on Sunday, we were at lunch and someone asked another person how his wife was feeling. He answered, "Dorothy? She's not feeling too perky." At the mention of the man's wife's name, Iliya perked up and said, "Dorothy? Dorothy from Wizard of Oz?"
Obsession. Did I mention that?
The other night, we were at dinner with friends. We were in one of those corner booths, and Iliya was actually sitting in the corner. He was mostly done with his dinner, so he entertained himself by (gasp!) playing with his food while the rest of us finished our dinner. All the sudden, he unfolded his (used) napkin and stood up. When I looked over, he was tucking his napkin into the waistband of his shorts. When I asked him what he was doing, he exclaimed, "I'm Glinda!"
Crazy, silly, imaginative little boy!
In other news, last night, we were on our way to church and out of nowhere, Iliya said, "Mama, I
love Gracie [the dog] so much. I love to hug her...I want to marry her."
He's so cute - I think he healed his Granddad when he called him during his bout with the flu.
And I do check your blog everyday - and love it when there's new pics about Iliya, etc.(I mean Glinda, the good witch)!
Love Sis
Blessings to you all,
Pam Parker