We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Wednesday, January 02, 2008
The Post-Christmas Awards
Okay...so I have video to show you. Hopefully this will work correctly.

I only really have video of Iliya playing with 2 different things he received for Christmas. So I created a mini-awards show for you to watch. You'll understand what I mean when you watch the video...but by "monster" -- I am referring to the fact that my child does not want to go anywhere without that particular gift. He cries for the gift. And Santa Claus sorta probably regrets ever putting it in the little boy's stocking. But this little boy is just cute all around, so Santa probably doesn't regret it too terribly bad.

Anyway...watch and enjoy our first year of.......

"Post-Christmas Awards"

20 Comments:
Blogger Robin said...
That video is adorable. I love the shirt he had on while playing the drums. It was just perfect.

Blogger Nancy said...
Too darn cute!

Blogger Jane said...
bet the "monster" gift is good for these cold days we are having in the south!

And how does the loud gift feel after not having much sleep? I think he has some talent...both hands working the drum sticks together is good.

Before we know it, you will be producing the video for Christmas of '08. I'm amazed how fast time passes the older I get!!

Blogger Bethney said...
Love the shirt he's wearing while playing the drums!

Vin had that exact same drumset and broke it within 2 or 3 days, but there's still a small drum and a drumstick around here somewhere. I really need to get him another set, he LOVED that thing!!!

Glad to see y'all had a good Christmas!!

Blogger Maggie said...
That's hilarious that Chapstick is his favorite gift.

Blogger Unknown said...
The drums are AWESOME! I love it!! And the chapstick - that's just precious! Love you bunches!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Let's just hope that uncle J keeps the wrap on setting the drumsticks on fire for a "crowd-pleasing" cool effect...placing a ball on one of the toms is much more the safe thing to do, huh? Sure could use some chapstick today...reckon you could send a little fella this way with some???
love you all,
ga-ma

Blogger Unknown said...
Natalie approves of the drums, too!

How cute! I can't believe the chapstick was his favorite, and the drums are great! He is very coordinated and did a great job playing them!

By the way, I want to find out what you use to put videos together and post them! They are always so good!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hi!!! Loved your recent post! Where did you get those drums??? Bear Cub would LOVE those! I can't believe how much our boys have grown and changed. Aren't we just so lucky?!?! Happy New Year to you guys and thanks for keeping up with our new blog!! :) Give Iliya a hug from his Florida buddies!

Blogger Susan said...
He is a NATURAL!! But I think you need to add a cowbell to that set. :) Need more cowbell.

He's really smart and knows how to hold the sticks and use his foot on the bass. I've always wanted to learn to play the drums, I'm jealous.

Blogger Becky and Keith said...
What a smart little cookie you have! I was just telling Keith the same thing Susan said - he knows how to hold the sticks and use the bass! I love that he's an early chapstick addict... I have a chapstick in every room, car and nightstand in this house! :-)

We loved the awards show. The girls and I agree that Iliya is the cutest (loudest - Lydia added) little drummer boy in the world. Give his little sweet self a kiss from the Marlowe girls, K?! Happy New Year. (Glad to hear you got at least one night of good snoozes!)

Blogger Kay B said...
Wow, just wait till Iliya is a teenager, you might be investing in a lot of ear-plugs! He is so cute jamming on those drums now though.

This video is soooo adorable! What a special Christmas!

It's so great to see Iliya growing and changing. He's really a sweet boy!

Blogger Evan & Sachi said...
First off, congratulations on your first Christmas with your beautiful family and your journey of adoption. We're in the process of adopting from Russia also and were happy to discover your blog and great videos. We've been reading your blog for a while and love the charming pictures of Ilya. We are fairly new to blogging and have begun researching other sites to get ideas and experience. If you get a chance, here is a link to our blog: www.theclaytonvayuproject.blogspot.com. We'd appreciate any comments or feedback that you could give. You'll notice that we are struggling to wait patiently for "the call" and are full of anticipation and excitement.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Melissa, I love the video!! Iliya playing with his drums is just priceless! I love how he even put the sticks in his hands so correctly and fixed his little stool. He's a true natural! Look out music world, here he comes!! Happy New Year to you, Nathan, and Iliya!

Cindi Landers

Blogger Rachael said...
Chapstick?? And drums??

You guys really are novices! lol.

I would lump playdough and maybe fingerpaints in with that little grouping too. (Kids love it -- parents not so much!) or maybe you're still loving the drums?

The video is too cute.

Blogger Christen L said...
Adorable.

I'm back from our trip home and back to blogging. Lots of good things on your blog to catch up on. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!

Happy New Year! :)

Blogger Cindy said...
I just LOVE your blog. You do such a wonderful job with it and your son is a sweetie. I am waiting for a little girl 18 months or younger since August 2007. It makes it easier to wait when I watch the sweet videos like you post here. I can't wait for my turn!