We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Monday, December 17, 2007
A Day in the Life
When we were first married, we lived in a townhouse-style apartment. Our washing machine drain got stopped up, and though both of our dads are great handymen, neither could get it unstopped. Try as they might (and they tried pretty hard), they couldn't get whatever was stuck in there to come out. So our landlord called a local plumbing service - Spanky's - to come out and give us a hand. The plumber that came out could not resolve the problem either (and honestly, I don't remember what the problem ended up being). With sweat rolling down his forehead, and a resigned look on his face, he said - in a perfect Southern drawl, "I just can't get it. I guess Spanky, himself, is gonna have to come do it."

Wow. We had a problem that was big enough for the head guy to come out. Fortunately, Spanky is good at what he does (I guess he wouldn't have a plumbing service if he weren't!) and he was able to resolve the problem at hand.

Fast forward to this evening.

Nathan was giving Iliya a bath. Our house was built in 1955 & has a cast-iron/porcelain tub in the main bathroom...the built-in plug does not work, so we have a stopper-type plug for that particular tub.

As Iliya was playing, he decided to pull the plug out of the drain - and before Nathan could react, Iliya's washrag was sucked down into the drain, not to be heard of again. Try as we might, we couldn't reach it. It was gone. How do these things happen?! I can only hope that it won't mess with the rest of our home plumbing till we can get it fixed.

We'll probably give the plumbing service a call. And if Spanky's man can't get it...I guess we may have another job for Spanky, himself.
4 Comments:
Blogger Jane said...
reminds me of when Brian had to fish the wash rag out of Rhonda's kitchen sink..."who knew" (speaking of B&R...did you see the family photos she posted this week? Amazing how B&C have grown.)

Good luck on the repair...You may want to have them on speed dial. You do have a toddler boy ya know!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Bless his heart. Did he point at either of you and tell you, "No no no no!" I wouldn't be surprised.
Love,
Sarah

Dima started out by being terrified of tubby time and now I have to wait FOREVER until he is ready to come out. His little buns look like dehydrated prunes but he is happy and that is so good to see!

Blogger Carey and Norman said...
I hope you got your plumbing resolved. Not a fun thing to deal with especially near the holidays. Reminds me of "Meet the Parents."