We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
And the Verdict Is...
...I am staying right here where I started. Mostly because this is where I started and I just really don't want to move. I don't like change so much...and I don't want you all to have to change your blogrolls! (see how philanthropic I am?)

Seriously, there's no good reason to change - and no matter how many internal debates I've had with myself, I keep coming back to just wanting to stay with the comfortable...even though I'll be redecorating periodically (like now). Our "Road Home" ended back in August, but I haven't had the time or inclination to actually make any changes.

Until now.

And speaking of redecorating...this is not my best work. As it turns out, I figured out how to retain my old layout (didn't want to throw you - or me - off too much!!) so I'm really pleased with my copy/paste prowess (haha). I'll be honest with you when I say I created a pretttty cute header (not this one) but it was too fallish for the season. So you get stuck with a blurry picture of my cutie for now.

Also, some of the stuff, like my sidebar headers have not been changed. And the colors? They look good on my work monitor, but the tan/brown color looked a little more "mustard" at home. Hope it doesn't gross you out. I'm totally open for some feedback...as far as colors go, I just sorta have to wing it & hope I'm changing the right thing (I'm getting better about reading HTML, but still not a pro!). Thank goodness for the Preview option before I officially have to change anything!!

So... here you have it. If I'm on your blogroll, no need to change. If I'm in your favorites, no need to change. If I'm in your head, no need to change. If you've randomly ended up here...well, hope to see you around again!

"This where I am...and this is where I will stay!" (10 points for the movie that came from)
18 Comments:
Blogger Jane said...
Purdy!!! I wouldn't change a thing. And the brown/mustardy color....I like it...it is a darker version of what I have in my kitchen.

Good job on the change....I'm so proud of you! learning techno stuff is not fun or easy for most of us. And change is not always easy....but isn't it amazing the things we will learn or do for a child! Or maybe more than one child as your readers follow in your path to adoption. ;)

Blogger RamblingMother said...
I like your new look. Glad to know you aren't changing but if you had I would have followed. I enjoy reading blogs, not like I have time to do so but I make time, priorities you know!!

Beverly

Blogger Great Aunt Cheryl said...
I'm glad you decided to stay put...

Just a little suggestion...on my laptop, the black titles of your posts are hard to read on the green. I would either change it to a gold or white. But that's just my opinion...

Blogger Robin said...
Sounds to me like you made the decision that will work best for you. Love the new look.

Blogger Jane and Jim said...
Love it! That boy's adorable in any light!
Glad you're staying -

Your blog is awesome! It always has been! I always look at your blog for new ideas because mine is definitely not as exciting. I love the picture of Iliya on the top too. He is such a cutie!

Blogger Andrea said...
I'm glad you decided to stay put! I love the new decor...and look forward to seeing what you have instore for all of us loyal readers in the future!

Love,
Andrea

P.S.-I think the blurry picture of your cutie is precious! People pay good money to get that blurry effect.

Blogger Carey and Norman said...
Glad you decided to stay. I love, love, love the new picture. You say it is blurry, but I think it fits the header perfectly. What could be sweeter than little Iliya putting an ornament on the Christmas tree this year. Too sweet.

I understand the color thing. At work, my blog looks more green and pink and at home the colors are more subdued.

Iliya is as adorable as ever and that is what matters!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I like it! I like the feel of it...it's welcoming. And that photo is beautiful. Your little boy is growing!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Since no one has won the contest yet... I'll be the over-competitive sort to chime in. The line is quoted by Inigo Montoya in reference to his returning to the Thieves Forest in the Princess Bride. "Vescini said to go back to the beginning...."
-topher (The older of the younger brothers.)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
SHOOT!!!!!!!!!! I was just about to win the kitty with "A drunk Inigo Montoya" followed with, "...I am waiting for Vescini!"

Man (or WOman). I didn't read Christopher's full post until just now. I scanned down the comments page just to see if anyone had beaten me to the trivia. I felt really excited til I saw "Topher". And now that I have over-eagerly posted my reply, I just read "I'll be the over-competitive sort". Hmmm... Yes. Nathan, now is your time to laugh and say, "Have you ever played A GAME with the Cunningham's? Yeah-- don't do it."

Anyway, since the blogspot is blocked at my school, and I am just now getting home, I hope that we can consider this a tie. If not, I think we will have to fight one another "to the deah" (Or, "to the pain"), in a "battle of wits" (or for the most accurately quoted quotes from the Princess Bride without the aide of IMDB, Topherboy).

Anyway. All of that to say, I'm glad you stayed put. I was walking into WalMart tonight and saw about 15 "specialty" parking spaces. Spaces for people with exceptionalities are completely understandable. But then you get all the way to, "Associate of the Month" and "Parents of Sick Children-- Limit to 15 Minutes" (and I'd like to know what superman, or superwoman, can get in and out of WalMart with or without a kid, much less a sick kid, in 15 minutes?) and you wonder how comparmentalized can we get. There comes a point when we create a bigger hassle by trying to be too organized.

And finally, I quit. I am going to bed. But again- I'm glad your staying around. After all, every adventure your family has had, are having, and will have (we are currently working on past, present, and future tenses in 3rd grade), all somehow melt together to make the wonderful stories that we all love to read. They shape you in so many ways. I enjoyed my visit this weekend and am constantly amazed by the young man and the blessing he is!

Love you,
Sarah (The Nutty Sister Who Needs Much Sleep)

Blogger Christen L said...
I think it looks great. Very much in the spirit of the season and I agree with the change of header now that your family is home :)

Blogger Great Aunt Cheryl said...
The titles look MUCH better! I can read them clearly...I love the pic of Iliya at the top and now that you know how to change things out you can change the picture of the little guy from time to time...

Blogger ana said...
I like the new design, especially the photo of your little one at the top. The red and green for the Christmas season is very happy too. I've enjoyed reading your blog.

Blogger Nancy said...
I love the picture of Iliya at the Christmas tree! :)

Blogger Bethney said...
I love the intro picture. It looks classic...very very pretty!

By the way, you're going to have to educate me on how to make my page all spiffy. I just chose a premade template b/c i don't really know how to work this thing! :) I've been slacking on my blog big time lately. I will be posting pictures of the new house very soon though...especially since all the Christmas decor is up!

Ttyl hun!

Blogger Melissa said...
Thanks for all your comments! I'm glad I'm staying here...it really wasn't THAT hard of a decision, because in my heart, I knew that's what I wanted/needed to do. My head was just trying to sort it all out. :)

And to my siblings -- y'all can fight "to the pain" if you want to. I want no part in that, though! I'm content to call a tie! :)

Blogger Becky and Keith said...
Love, love, love it!!! And that picture is priceless... Grandma Mazur would absolutely approve. ;-)