
Yep! Cheesy picture...but Nathan will tell you I'm the queen of taking cheesy pictures. So this is us...saying Hello to you!!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
First, let me say THANKS to all of you who have left messages & emails...we appreciate knowing that you all are thinking about & praying for us!
We made it in a little while ago - we've been at the hotel and trying to settle in for about an hour or so, now. The flight from Seoul to Vlad was not so bad - a little less than 2 hours. And let me tell you, if you ever have a chance to fly Korean Air, I highly recommend it!
Once we arrived in Vlad, we made it through passport control, immigration & customs quite painlessly - the spaces to wait are very small - I think I expected the Airport to be much bigger! For those of you who live in Tuscaloosa, Nathan says that the Vlad Airport is quite a bit smaller than the Tuscaloosa airport, which I found interesting (I don't think I've ever even been to the Tsa airport!) Anyway, once we got through the all the official stuff, we were met by our agency rep & translator who helped us arrive at the hotel safely. In case you're wondering, everything you've heard about Russian drivers seems to be true! But we are definitely in competent hands and we are finally here & lounging in our hotel room.
So there are the quick random thoughts about our experiences today. Tomorrow I will try to write in more detail.
I'm so glad that we had a shower & a bed last night - it helped me to feel rested, and evidently I needed it. I had a meltdown at bedtime last night (only an hour or so of fitful rest in over 24 hours makes for a tired, stressed girl whose only release is a good cry - thank God for Nathan, who can deal with my emotions like no other!) and my nose was so stopped up that I woke Nathan up a couple times, snoring(I can't believe I just admitted that to y'all!). But we did get some good rest last night and feel like we're on our way to being adjusted to the time difference. Good thing we have a day tomorrow to work on recuperating before we start with the really emotional stuff.
In tomorrow's post, I'll tell you more about yesterday.... but for now, I'm going to go ahead & close.
Thanks again for all your prayers, thoughts, and love! We love all of you!
Well enough of that, hugs to you and Nathan!! Susan Steen
You and Nathan have been in my thoughts constantly since you left. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear more from you, especially after you meet your (cross fingers) new son! God speed to you and savor every second!
Kris
Glad you guys made it there safely! Haven't commented lately, but been following your blog. Just know there is someone in GA who is praying for you guys....and I'll definitely be thinking of you at 3 in the morning when you are wide awake for the next few nights. It's a pain until you get adjusted to the time difference :) Can't wait to see what God has in store for you guys! Carla
So glad to hear you made it! We kept checking the blog last night before we went to bed. I have Tony hooked now. He checked the computer first thing this am and gave us all an update before 8am! The girls send their love to you and we do too! Kelly
Love,
Marco, Lauren, & Cupcake
We are so excited for yall. I can't wait to hear about your next journey. Please give your little boy a hug from Delainey. She made me promise to tell Ms. Melissa that. Yall stay safe. We miss yall! Love, Shana