Iliya has started waking up several times in the middle of the night...mostly, I think his bladder is starting to wake him up and his habit is to come get in bed with us, rather than go on in to the bathroom. I'm trying to get him in the habit of going to the bathroom, first, or at least coming to tell me that he needs help going to the bathroom in the dark.
But all of this requires me to actually wake up and get up in the middle of the night.
Last night, he got up 3 times. And then he woke up at 7:00 this morning. Our first Saturday to sleep in in about 2 months.
Anyway, I was tired.
And instead of waking me up, my two boys let me sleep in this morning (well, if you don't count when Iliya came in to tell me that he had a spoon set out for my breakfast...and when he came in and put stickers all over my face. but I mostly slept through all that...).
So when I finally did wake up at 8:30 (yep, sleeping in is a relative thing, but it was still more than 2 hours later than normal), the boys came in the bedroom and Iliya got on the bed with me. So here is the conversation that transpired when Iliya got up in the bed with me:
Me: Oh, Iliya...thank you for letting me sleep this morning. I'm so glad you and daddy spent time together while I slept!
Iliya: (nods his head) Spit? Like pfft pfft?
Me: (confused) Nooo, don't spit---OHHHH, no. Not SPIT. SPENT. speNt. Like...you spent time together. You and daddy played together and spent time playing.
Nathan: Yes, Iliya, you spend time or you spend money...
Iliya: (nods his head with understanding) Like this? (gets down from the bed and starts spinning around)
At this point, try as I might, I couldn't contain my laughter. I wasn't laughing at Iliya, but the misunderstanding got me tickled...not only at his misunderstanding, but at our pitiful attempts to pronounce the word spend and explain what it meant.
So...not only did I get to sleep in this morning...I got some comic relief before my day even started.
Owen gets up just about every night too to potty one time. We get up and put him on the potty to peepee, and then he goes right back to sleep. I guess it's better than going in the bed, huh?!!
Hug your cute little munchkin for us! :)