We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
In Our World...
For the past month, there has been one constant in our world: that we have been INCREDIBLY busy.

And it's been the kind of busy that I'm ready to come to a close. We have been on the road every single weekend this month - and have made 4 2-hour-one-way trips to Tuscaloosa for the purposes of graduating, packing, moving, and seeing family. This past weekend, we made two trips, so that we could move everything we own out of our home there. We will go back again on Friday to close on our house...and then we will be home un-owners! For a little while, at least.

We have been aware that interest rates on mortgages are way down, right now, but we learned that the interest rates for VA loans (which is what we qualify for, with Nathan's VA status) are really low right now. So that prompted us to begin the search for a home here. We looked at several homes within a certain price range...not really thinking we would find anything just yet. We found one or two that we liked a lot, but were either (1) higher in our price range than we really wanted, or (2) smaller than what we wanted.

But then...on a whim, we looked at a house (surprisingly close to the bottom of our price range) that we really ended up liking - just needs some updating - in a great neighborhood, zoned for a great school. We talked about it and finally just decided to make an offer ...we figure the worst that can happen is that it won't be accepted and we'll keep looking. The best thing that could happen is that it is accepted, and we do a little painting and updating...and the house will almost instantly increase in value. It was one of those "finds" that - because of a lot of reasons (size, location, and price) - we just couldn't pass up. So we're in the process of waiting...and we'll see what happens.

Also...Iliya is about to undergo a potentially stressful transition at school. He is moving up to an older classroom - any sort of environmental change has the potential to be difficult for him, but I'm hopeful he will do just fine. He will miss his teacher(s) in the younger room, but I absolutely love the classroom he is moving into. I think he will be just fine...but with all the other craziness going on, he could probably use a few extra prayers! :)

We have a couple more weekends of craziness - just little things that add up here & there...and my sister is getting married in a week and a half! - and after the wedding, we will may have a little bit of "down time," which we fully intend to make use of. Then July will be crazy for a little while and hopefully, by August, we'll be settled and back to normal.

On that note, I will close with a couple of fun pictures from the weekend. While Nathan and I were at our house, packing and loading, Iliya hung out at his Nana & Papa's house. It was so nice to get some things accomplished without a little one underfoot. And he "helped" get some things done around their house, too! See?

5 Comments:
Blogger Robin said...
He makes a very cute little mr. Fix it. I will say some prayers that he transistions beautifully to his new class. Good luck on the possible new house.

Blogger Kami said...
Prayers are headed your way!Iliya does make a great Mr. Fix it! When he is finished, send him my way!:) I hope things start slowing down for you guys soon!

Blogger Nathan said...
Papa makes a GREAT teacher when it comes to Mr. Fix It...I would say I learned from the best!

Blogger Joy said...
What great news about selling your house. I was an un-home owner once for about 4 onths it was great. I have bought and sold a ton of houses and I always look for the worst house in the best neighborhood. You can fix a house but not a neighborhood.
Good luck I will keep you in my thoughts.
Joy

Anonymous Anonymous said...
We need a repairman....got one available? He sure has good form with his shovel & drill -- looks like a pro! Maytag man, look out!

love y'all,
granmom & grandad