We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Thursday, May 07, 2009
Princess
Iliya has started this, lately...putting a blanket or a towel around himself and declaring himself to be - of all things - a princess.


Tonight, just before bed...

Iliya:  Look! I'm a princess!

Nathan:  You are not a princess....you are a prince!

Iliya:  (laughing) No!  I'm a princess!

Nathan: (teasing) Well...you know what?  If you're a princess, then you have to be the ugliest princess ever!

Iliya:  (sighing dramatically and rolling his eyes)  Naaaafffan!  Don't say that!
8 Comments:
Blogger Nathan said...
I'm sure he's never heard his Mama say this to me :-)

Blogger kate said...
What a cutie--that last post DID have a great photo. I wonder how many little girls in his daycare are busily playing princess every day?

Blogger Jane and Jim said...
Ha! Too funny.

Cooper calls us Jim and Jane sometimes too, it cracks me up and I always say, Hey buddie, I've waited a LONG time to be called mommy, you better not call me Jane!!

Blogger Jane said...
lol! i was thinking the same thing Nathan said. :)

stopped by to say Happy Mother's Day!

Blogger Kami said...
TOO FUNNY! :) He just has a great imagination! J always goes through my purses and carries them around the house... I bought him a backpack to put his things in, but apparently a purse is more fun!

Blogger Ginger said...
Are you and Nathan going to start addressing each other as "Mommy" and "Daddy" for Iliya's sake? ...Gee, I sure hope not! ;-)

Blogger Ani said...
This is tooo funny! He does make a really handsome prince :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I am laughing so hard!!! Too funny!!!

~Cindi L.