We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Sunday, May 03, 2009
Happy Birthday!!
I won't outright tell you how old she is...but my mom was 20 years old when she had me.  And I will be hitting the big 3-0 later in the summer.  So...if you have any math skills, you know this is a big birthday for my mom!

Funny story, that my grandmother told at the party we had last weekend:  my mom was close to a month overdue, when my grandmother finally went into labor.  That was before there was a realization that going so far past the due date was potentially harmful for the unborn baby...and my mom had likely lost weight in-utero and was born weighing 5 lb. 15 oz.  After she was born, my grandfather went home and, in his excitement, told the neighbors that he was the proud father of a 15 lb., 5 oz. baby girl! :)  Whew!

Anyway... she's the best mom ever...so I hope you will join me in wishing her a very, very Happy Birthday!!

Happy Birthday mom, I love you!
3 Comments:
Blogger Nathan said...
Happy birthday to the best mother-in-law ever!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Happy Birthday, Mom! You're stupendous! Love, Sal

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Thank you...such sweet happy birthday wishes! (for a number that got here way too quickly :o) Missa, I'll trade ages with you...

I love you all,
mom & granmom