We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Ack! Catching Up: Part 1
If you can't tell by my recent absence, life has been very busy. One of those times that so much is happening...with each day, I get more behind on the blog, and it's just easier to not post at all. I can't do that to you, so let me catch up really quickly; I think I'm going to divide this up into a couple different posts, so as to not overwhelm you with too much at once.

Since my last post...
  • I was supposed to tell you about our time with Dinia, Ron, and their family...as well as Becky, Keith, and their 2 boys. Several months ago, Dinia emailed me and asked me if I would be interested in coming to their family reunion to shoot some photographs - it was a rare occasion for the entire family to be in one spot at one time - so we made tentative plans for me to come to their home (which, as it turns out, is not all that far from us) and shoot photographs of their immediate family, as well as Ron's entire family. As the date drew nearer, we firmed up those plans and we ended up having a great time! Here is the link to their post on my photo blog.
  • Also, the same day, we got to hang with the Mixon family...our 2 boys were incredibly tired, so we didn't get to "hang" for terribly long, but we had a fantastic time! Andrew is hilarious - and it was great meeting Alex for the first time. Ron & Dinia have a pool (that Andrew loved & Iliya didn't have enough time to warm up to) and horses on the property next to them. They also had a golf cart that was a HUGE hit for the boys! It was great to be able to sit with Becky and talk preschool and other "mom" things! :) Here's proof that we did actually see each other! Since we now have a "halfway point," we're now working on plans to get back together sometime this summer.
  • We met Adrienne, Jim, and Owen for dinner last week as they were on their way to the beach and we happen to live right on the way! The boys had a good time, reading books and playing with trains while we waited for the food...and then had a good time eating (of course!). The adults enjoyed each other's company - Adrienne and I could've spent hours talking while all of our boys played, but we had to settle for much shorter than "hours" with the promise to get together sometime very soon! With our hectic schedules, we know that soon is a relative term, but hopefully we will see each other sooner rather than later!
We took about 6 or 7 pictures, just to get this one. :)
  • This past weekend was graduation. I graduated with my M.S. in Human Development and Family Studies...finally! I can't believe that it is finally over! My sister-in-law (Aunt Kristy, to Iliya) also graduated with her M.A. in Education. It has been a long, intensive road for both of us...and we are both so glad it is over!

At the family dinner, following the afternoon ceremony, Iliya put on my cap and ran around, saying, "Happpy Graduaaaaation! I'm graduating! Happy Graduuuuaaatioon!" And come to think of it, since he has been in our family, Iliya has attended at least 4 graduations...so he gets that it is a big deal...and maybe it will make an impression on him for the future!!
  • Also, this past weekend, we received an offer on our house we've had on the market since September. The offer was not quite what we wanted, so we countered...and on Monday, they accepted! We have an official contract on the house, now, and will close the first of next month...and we are so thankful that this financial burden is being lifted off our shoulders! To those of you who have been specifically praying about this, thank you.

To be continued...
3 Comments:
Blogger kate said...
Wow! Congrats on your graduation AND you house sale. Your blog runneth over. ;>

And, um...I love that paisley top. I want one.

Blogger Kelly Etheredge said...
Congrats on graduation and the house sale!! I know that you much feel so much better knowing that it is all over with.

I love reading your blog. Keep it going! I admit I am jealous because I am not as talented when it comes to blogging like you are. You blog is great!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
On the subject of being quiet...after your graduation was over and Iliya had behaved so well & sat so quietly for two hours, we were walking out the door & I think it was Sarah holding Iliya's hand. He "hollered" pretty loud & Sarah asked him what that was all about & he said, "I'm outside now, I'm using my outside voice"...you're going to have to be pretty quick to stay ahead of that little fella.

love,
mom/granmom