Thanks for all your kind words and well-wishes over the past week...I am finally feeling better! I decided against posting too much last week because it seemed like everytime I wanted to start a post, it was to whine about how I was feeling. Since that gets monotonous and boring, I really didn't want to subject y'all to all that whining.
But after several days of a good antibiotic, I think I'm feeling better & planning to stay that way!
So...what was it I told you I would talk about? Oh yes, missing my child.
But that absolutely goes without saying, and probably even ventures in the whining category, so I'll just talk how beautiful my azaleas are and how I just can't believe that Spring is here!
It had become *almost* like summer and then over the weekend, it got VERY cold! Everyone was either going out and buying new (warmer!) Easter clothes or sucking it up and wearing their winter coats over their cute sundresses. What a combination! Winter coats and sundresses. I wish we had needed to wear our winter coats during...the...winter! As much as I love cold weather, I'm awfully glad that it is going to warm up this week. I really am ready to start wearing my summer clothes.
We had a fantastic Easter weekend. We got to see so many family members that we often do not get to see, and it was great to see everyone and get the opportunity to show off pictures & video of our little guy. I think everyone thought he was awfully cute...in fact, the word "precious" was used a whole lot. And I agree with each one of you who used that particular word!
This whole motherhood thing is really becoming more real by the day. Now that we've met and played with him (I wish I could come up with a cute name for him, but my creativity is lacking in this area. anyway...), he is real to us. When we first came home from Russia, it was fairly easy to see our house as it has always been, but the more we watch the video, the more we realize that life - as we know it - is about to change drastically. But even though it's an overwhelming feeling, it's a good one!
One of the most common comments I receive from people is some variation of, "I bet you just hated to leave him." And this is true. It would've been awesome to just whisk him away home...but at the same time, there is SO much preparation to be done, and so much that will help the time pass quickly! Yes, we really did hate to leave him, but we do know that he is being well-taken care of...you know, if I have to leave my baby in an orphanage (and I do), this one seems like a pretty good one to leave him till we can go back to get him. Afterall, there, he has a place to sleep! Here?...well...I'm not sure where he would be sleeping just yet!
There is also the issue of child proofing our home. I guess you may wonder why we haven't done all of this before now. Keep in mind that we didn't really think we would get a referral before summertime...AND...I just couldn't start getting ready for a child I didn't know just yet. It may seem silly, but I guess it's a sort of a superstitious thought process.
We've got a few showers over the next month...that should be a lot of fun, and will provide us with lots of stuff to keep us busy during our off time!!
Another thing is that I am nearing the end of the semester (my last class, by the way, before I start my thesis-or my final project). I have a TON of stuff to do - write a paper, prepare a presentation, take a final.... not to mention the fact that work is going to be quite busy over the next couple months.
So I'm definitely not sitting around, twiddling my thumbs...and I honestly believe the next several weeks are going to go pretty quickly. I'm hoping so, anyway, and I'm hoping that Nathan and I can both get to a good place so that when it is time for us to bring little one home, we can spend lots of good family bonding time together without having to worry about a ton of other things.
Anyway!
I guess I'll close for now. My posts are likely going to go back to 'regular programming'...you know, the random, everyday things that don't necessarily have to do with adoption. When I have updates, I'll update. Otherwise, just grab your coffee, sit down with me, and hang out a while.
Love you & can't wait for the shower in a couple of weeks!
~Cher
Kay and I went shopping yesterday...and accidently wondered into the baby section! Kay couldn't say no to the sweetest little "Elmo" outfit for our little man! I told her I would have to take some tylenol (for "baby fever") before I went shopping for him again!
Thanks for sharing this emotional roller coaster ride with us and being so open about the whole experience! Love to you all!!!
Love,
Kevin, Andrea, Wes & Alex
Take care,
Adrienne
PS I'm so glad you are feeling better!!