First, let me say that we are HOME. And one does not appreciate their bed to its fullest extent until they have been in a foreign country, sick, for 4 days, with nothing to eat but some rice and lots of sprite. We arrived home from the airport yesterday afternoon - we had a delay in Chicago b/c the plane we were on did not have a bathroom. We deboarded and reboarded, wasting 45 minutes (but thank goodness for the bathroom). We finally were in the air and less than 2 hours later, we landed and I'm sure that my & Nathan's families can tell you, we looked worse for the wear. But we were in Alabama.
Our luggage was nowhere to be found. We went to baggage claim and found that it had not, in fact, ever changed planes back in Chicago. So there it waited for us. Nathan was a little ill about it, but you know what? we were home. I could care less about those 3 changes of clothing in my bag. Yes, our souvenirs were in those bags, but yesterday I didn't even care about that. (well, I did a little, but I was so tired...) Anyway, we made our claim and they said the bags would be delivered soon.
From the airport, we went to my aunt Julie's house (it's a central location between us & our parents, so they wouldn't have to come all the way to Tuscaloosa) so we could show our pictures & videos and tell them more about the little guy (I think it's safe to say that everyone thinks he's absolutely precious!).
We were there a couple of hours, and by the time we left, I was feeling really tired and very weak. Mom gave me some medicine for the road and when we left, Nathan stopped to get him and Sarah something to eat at McD's. I decided that I HAD to eat, whether or not it was going to make me sick so I had a Happy Meal and that was the BEST thing I had tasted in days. It did make me sick later, but it was definitely satisfying while it lasted.
Anyway...back to the title of my post - I totally think that my bed is awesome. My pillows, my sheets, my quilt......I can't describe how good my sleep was. It is sad to be gone - but good to be home.
As a sidenote, our bags were just delivered. Whew! Crisis avoided!
I am going to close for now, but will leave you with a truckload of appreciation. Nathan and I thank you all, from the bottom of our hearts, for all your thoughts, comments, emails, and prayers during this trip. It was rough at times, definitely with tears - but it also holds some of the happiest memories of our little boy. We cannot wait to bring him home and we hope that you will all continue to pray for him and for us. Thank you again....and we love you all.
Love you both!!!
~Cher
Love to you all!!!
Kevin, Andrea, Wesley & Alex
I hope you are feeling better. When you feel like talking, I'd love for you to give me a call or send an email my way.
I'll say a prayer we both go back soon to get our little boys and bring them home!!
Love,
Adrienne
---Lisa
p.s. What Happy Meal toy did you get? Wizard of Oz or TMNT? Or did you ask for a Toddler toy for the Little One?
Love,
Holly Young
I am so thrilled to hear you are getting real close to getting your little man home.
We met at Nathans grandfather's funeral.... your Nanny annd Pap are probably my parents best friends (Left and Lovella). Don and Bab's are some special friends of ours. When we were being told we probably would never have children of our own... I was so upset and often baby sat?? for anyone I could. I would keep Natans sister... and I have a total black out as to her name... but she knew the jingles to every commercial on TV.. I got such a kick out of her knowledge. LSS (Long Story Short) Dr was wrong and finally we had Leah then Jared. So When Leah had problems getting pregnant we so understood how they felt.
Now you are going through such a hard time.. WAITING is the Worst! Looks like the Waiting part is almost over, Lord willing. What name are you thinking of? or have you already made that official? I can't wait to hear you are official parents.. I'm Listening for Granny Babs to call me or email me bcoffell@juno.com I am counting on you Babs.
God bless you as you prepare for what YOU really can not prepare yourself for... you will understand soon! We send you our love and prayers that you feel better real soon and that Mister Bridges will soon arrive to Alabama and to his NEW bed.
Any picures of the baby? Did I miss them? I will check back later.
HAPPY BUNNY DAY!