We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Wednesday, July 05, 2006
Happy Wednesday!
I hope all of you had a great Independence Day -- we had a very busy one! It was certainly good, though, full of the 3 F's: friends, family, and FOOD! If you didn't come to this year's celebration, this seems to have become an annual thing...so come next year! In the past, we've tried to make it to the beach for the 4th of July, but Nathan is VERY busy at work the first 3 working days of the month, so when the 4th falls in the middle of the week, there's no going out of town for us! Maybe in a few years, it'll fall just right for us to take off and go, but for the majority of the time, we'll stick around the house, smoke some meat (okay, I can't take credit for that one), and have a good time just hanging out with people. Last year, we even brought out the sparklers, but it was so hot & icky this year, that we didn't even bother.

So next year...come one, come all! Maybe we'll have an addition to the family by that time!! :)

I have no news, but I guess at this point, we'll consider no news good news.

Actually, after my rant about the waiting, Amy (social worker) called and pointed out a few mistakes in some of our paperwork (thanks Amy! Seriously! That's some stuff that I would've kicked myself for, if we'd found it later!) so now I'm working to correct that. Whew! So much for asking for something to do! From now on, I am going to try to just be patient and not freak out. It's best. I won't tempt fate by complaining. Or at least I'll try not to. Because I had "nothing" to do -- now I have "plenty" to do. Funny how that works. ;)

So there we are! Not really any farther along in the process, and still praying for N's ABI/FBI clearance letter to come on in!!!

P.S., if you haven't heard about the cookbook that Nathan's family is putting together -- please let me know & I'll get you some information. I know that it is now a collaborative effort between Nathan's family and mine...so consider this a reminder to please get your recipes in! And I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be a problem for friends to submit recipes, either...(if I'm wrong about that, please, someone correct me). So if you're interested, just email me & let me know!

Lunch hour is over...Time to get back to work! My love to all of you! :)

Labels: , , ,