We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Friday, June 30, 2006
Frustration with Waiting
As much as I know you all would like to hear an update, I would like to give one...but there is none to give. I have to say that would be about the most frustrating part of this adoption process -- it just moves so s-l-o-w-l-y! I'm getting frustrated, feeling like I'm sitting here, twiddling my thumbs, while our future as parents is in someone else's hands. I know, I know...I've GOT to be patient, and I'm trying really hard, it's just right now I'm not feeling especially patient. You know, I've heard people say that becoming parents IS full of a lot of waiting, even when you're pregnant. But the BIG, HUGE, difference between waiting during a pregnancy and waiting during an adoption is that with a pregnancy, you have a due date...an END in sight. With the adoption, we know there will BE an end, it's just up in the air as to WHEN that end will come around.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still very happy that we're doing this! I just feel that to be perfectly honest and to give you the most accurate picture of what we're going through, I need to include the bad WITH the good. And right now, I'm just in a bad mood, with all this waiting.

If there were something I could be doing, it would be different, but as it stands, all of our paperwork has been gathered for the dossier, except for everything that we can't gather ourselves.

So I guess this is where you, my dear family and friends, come in. Will you start praying for things to move along? Pray for our last few reference letters, as well as both of our ABI/FBI background checks to make it safely to Amy. And then pray that Amy has everything she needs to complete our homestudy without a hitch, and can do that fairly quickly -- and that DHR won't waste any time in approving it. Once we have our homestudy and other needed paperwork (from Amy) in our hands, we can carry it all to the Sec. of State's office in M'gomery and then send it to CHI. Then we will really be waiting! But I'd rather be waiting on the final step than waiting somewhere in between.

Okay, enough about waiting... if we say it anymore, it might become one of those "nonwords" So thanks for your continued support and love -- Hopefully I'll have more adoption updates soon -- in the meantime, I'll try to update on random happenings.

P.S., while you're praying, will you go on and pray about Nathan's transfer? He can't transfer to the Tuscaloosa office until they have someone to replace him in Centreville. So far, they don't even have any candidates on the register for replacing Nathan. If you know of anyone who has a degree and who is interested in a law enforcement job with the Board of Pardons and Paroles, (better yet, who is already a law enforcement officer & is in need of a change), please have them contact us -- we'd love to give them some hints about getting onto the hiring register. Evidently, there are many vacancies in this area right now, so the officers been given permission (and encouragement) to recruit people. So...think about it & have people contact us. We'll be glad to give them the necessary information for getting on the register.

Okay - that's all for now! Take care -- Love to you all!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:
Blogger Elle said...
The waiting sucks there is no two ways around it. That is what we are all here for. Support and an occasional bitch and moan during the waiting. This process really tests your patience.

Blogger Nathan said...
This post reminds me of every feeling and emotion I was experiencing round about February through June of 2003.

Blogger Gaye and Andrew said...
Hi Nathan & Melissa! It was nice reading your story...I found your link through Elle's blog :) The waiting is hard and you will always feel like screaming at something or someone...but, I promise you, it does get better...there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Ours is our wonderful son, Roman who was adopted and brought back to the U.S. from Russia on April 30th of this year!! Hang in there...gaye

Blogger Melissa said...
You all are right...the waiting very much stinks. Gaye, I read through your blog last night and your story gives me hope! And Roman is just a precious little guy!!! :)