I'm feeling rather sentimental tonight... I just wanted to tell you all what wonderful families Nathan & I both come from (and thank those of you who are family that may be reading this). We are just so blessed, and sometimes I can't even express my appreciation adequately! In the past few months, I have been given some wonderful ideas by different family members & recently have learned of such generous plans that our families are coming up with to help us financially...and I am truly humbled, often to tears. Without embarrassing anyone, I've been told of some great ideas, and Nathan & I are so fortunate that we have family that wants to help us in whatever way they can.
I guess what really brought this on is...today, I got an email from my mother-in-law to my mom (I was "cc'ed" on the email) about an idea for a "combined family" cookbook and a yard sale. I was humbled to receive that email this morning, and just a minute ago, reading my mom's reply, for some reason brought me to tears, and just made me realize what terrific parents we have! There is just such a spirit of cooperation in our families, both immediate and extended -- I am so thankful that our families love each other -- there are so many inlaws out there who genuinely do not like one another, but I can say that our families may not get to spend much time together, but they do have good relationships, and I thank God for that. Our parents are just the most thoughtful people, looking out for us from the day we were born until now...if you don't understand by now, I think our parents are wonderful! I can only hope that Nathan & I can be half the parents they have been throughout both of our lives and continue to be, even now.
Also, we couldn't ask for more supportive and loving siblings -- I've been known to get irritated with every one of them (as I'm sure they've all gotten irritated with me...I'm not that easy to know, all the time), but truly there is not one complaint that I could make against any of them that could not be overshadowed by the love I have for them and the love they have for us. Our niece, Nat...she's surely a mess, but a sweet and pretty and silly mess...and we wouldn't trade her for the world! I only look forward to the day when we have more nieces and nephews to grow our families (not rushing anyone, though, mind you!)
Our grandparents -- We no longer have 3 of our grandfathers...I never knew my dad's dad, Bill, but I've heard what a wonderful man he was, and how he would be so happy to know that we are adopting...and there's not a day or a week that goes by that we do not miss Dadaw or Pawpaw...we did know them, and I bet they are looking down in joy that we are finally starting our family. Mamaw, Mawmaw, Nanny & Pap, and Nana & Peter...we are still so blessed that they are all still living...my only regret is that we do not see them as often as we would like.
I could go on and on...
all of our aunts, uncles, cousins......I literally could write all night, and I wish I had the time and energy to write a tribute to everyone -- our families are so big that that's not possible, but I still just want to shout from the mountaintops what great families we have!
And our family who are not "relation family"-- our friends & our church families. I just don't know what we would do with out them, either.
Whether we are bound as a family by blood or love or both, God has so richly blessed us with such a supportive network of people around us and although I could never thank Him enough, I can sure continue to try.
And if you are reading this, thank you ALL for being such great family. We love you.
Labels: Family