Good evening!! It has been a few days, hasn't it? I apologize...I know that so many of you anxiously check the blog on a regular basis, and it's probably pretty frustrating when you don't get an update in so long! I have a valid excuse, though...at UA we have a "mini-semester" called Interim (between Spring & Summer classes). Between "real" work and homework, I have been absolutely swamped! Just
looking at our "adoption box" has been tiresome for me! So...now that I'm almost finished with Interim, I should have a little more time to devote to the great papertrail! :)))
Nathan & I met with Amy, our homestudy social worker, on Sunday afternoon. She said it would be the longest meeting we would have, and that proved to be true! She had to meet w/ Nathan & I individually (as required by the CIS), and if you didn't know it, Nathan's meeting was shorter than mine was (ha ha ha!). Not that he didn't have as much to share...it's just I guess that I take a little longer & am not as...how shall I put it...
succinct...as he can be. :)
Oh! Before I close, some news for you...Nathan will be transferring, at some point, in the near future to the Tuscaloosa probation/parole office! He struggled a LOT with the decision...he really likes the office & people where he works now...but when the baby comes along, he really wants to be able to help out with things. He is concerned that a baby might require time off from work for things like doctor's appointments, or just simple things, like swapping out days doing things like dropping off/picking up from daycare. That was the main decision maker for him, and I do appreciate him thinking of me and our future child. Nathan is so thoughtful and I thank God everyday for such a wonderful husband!!
Well, at this late hour, I am having a hard time keeping my eyes open, so I'd better get in the bed. I don't have anymore summer classes...so I will have more time to even
think about what we need to do and where we are going!!
Love to you all & hope to see you soon!!
~Melissa :o)
Labels: International Adoption, My Wonderful Husband, Paperwork, Work